20

it had been practice today and it went quite honestly horribly. i couldn't concentrate for a second when i saw lando multiple times and seeing him actively ignore me hurt me every time. when i was done with everything for today i went to my room and almost right after i closed the door there was a knock on the door.

"come in" I called out and the door opened shortly after.

"what's wrong. i noticed today was bad and you look like you're going to cry any second" christian said.

I didn't know if I should explain everything that had happened to him but still chose to answer with a half truth.

"I've had two hard days with a lot on my mind, but I'll make sure to solve everything before tomorrow"

"Belle, don't push yourself too much. I've seen that you're friends with Lando and then you have a brother in Mercedes. take it easy the rest of the day and we'll start again in the qualifier tomorrow"

Christan gave me a weak but warm smile and walked out the door. I felt a stone lifted from my chest and I decided to listen to his words. today I will take it easy and not move more than necessary.

Belle:

hi honey i need to take it easy today so we can't see each other today

i knew jacob wouldn't like me canceling plans with him but right now i needed to think about myself. I went to the parking lot and jumped into the car. I automatically went into my contacts and was about to call Lando when I found myself. I sighed deeply and started the car and drove away.

-----

I stepped into my hotel room and hurried into the shower. I turned on the water and let it run while I took off my clothes and folded them into a pile. when I stepped into the shower, I felt the anxiety about my presentation today disappear. I felt the water wash over me and I quickly disappeared into deep thoughts.

I think I was in the shower for over half an hour before I heard someone knock on the door. I wasn't going to get out of the shower unless it was necessary but as the knocking became more aggressive with each stroke I turned off the water and wrapped a towel around my body before forcing my legs against the door.

"why the hell is that an excuse not to be with me for?" Jacob yelled as I opened the door.

"Christian told me to rest today so that's exactly what I'm going to do"

Jacob pushed past me and ran all over the hotel room and I was scared of him.