Max Verstappen - Gone

⚠️TRIGGER WARNING - DEATH AND SUICIDE⚠️

⛔️ Sorry for how emotional and dark this one got. It was one I had been thinking on for a while after listening to the songs littered throughout⛔️

'Christian' his assistant said in a hurry as she ran towards him with a phone in her hand.

'What?' He asked about to head over to the podium to see Max.

'Just take it' She said thrusting the phone towards him.

'What is it. Is it urgent?' He asked getting annoyed.

'Yes' She said as her faced dropped.

He reluctantly took the phone and asked a few questions before his face dropped too. He hung up and stared off into the distance. A few tears sprung in his eyes rolling down his face.

'We need to tell Max' his assistant said.

'Yeah' Christian said quietly.

He wiped the tears away from his face and wandered back into the Redbull garage. He walked with his assistant back to his office and took a seat before bursting into tears. His assistant shed a few herself.

'Can you bring Max in here immediately after the podium. No media. We will pay the fine' he said wiping his tears before dialling another number in his phone.

She nodded and left his office.

After 20 minutes or so she had managed to grab Max and drag him back to Christian's office. He took in the look on Christian's face before asking what was wrong.

'Take a seat Max' Christian said.

He looked confused before sitting down.

'Can this wait because I need to call Y/n' He said crossing his arms.

Christian cleared his throat 'Max' He said softly leaning onto his desk.

'I hate to be the one to tell you this' he said as tears threatened his eyes.

'Tell me what?' He said impatiently.

'Y/n was out on her afternoon walk today. She was crossing the road when she was struck by a car. They tried to run the red light. Unfortunately she died at the scene' he said trying to hold in his tears.

Max just stared not sure what to say.

'Max?' Christian asked.

'What did you just say?' He said with a lost look.

'She's gone mate' he said 'Her mum obviously tried to phone but couldn't get through so called me. She's at the hospital waiting to see you to say goodbye before the funeral director takes her' he said 'I've organised a flight now' He said.

Max nodded still lost.

He wandered aimlessly to the car, through the airport, onto the plane, the tarmac, at the airport and on the way to the hospital. He was in shock. He still hadn't processed what was going on. He eventually arrived with Christian and Gerri. Christian immediately wandered over to Y/n's mum who had been a close family friend for years and embraced her. Gerri sat beside her Dad who had his head in his hands.

Max was directed by a nurse into the room.

'I just want to let you know this will be very graphic and upsetting. If you're feeling distressed you are at liberty to leave the room when you need. She has been cleaned up since the accident' She said squeezing his arm.