Charles Leclerc - You

There you are so beautiful. So gorgeous. Like a summer breeze on a hot evening. Like the ocean breeze at midnight. Like listening to the waves slowly creeping onto the sand. The love of my life. I worship the ground on which you stand. I crave the sound of your voice. It lingers around me like the sweetness that strawberries hold. Your taste. So sweet. So kind. A watermelon sugar high. And yet while you feel so close, you are so far away.

'Hello?' Y/n groggily answered the phone.

'Ciao Bella' a soft monegasche voice said down the phone line.

'Hi Charles' she said muffling a yawn.

'I'm thinking about you' he said.

She knew what that meant. She stared at the clock on her bedside table 'I can be there in about 15 minutes' she said muffling another yawn.

'I cannot wait' he said before the pair hung up.

She turned the lamp on in her bedroom and grabbed a lacy set of lingerie. She pulled on a pair of jeans and a t-shirt before heading to the bathroom. She rinsed with mouthwash, put on a natural make up look before grabbing her coat and bag. She locked the door and headed out into the night.

She arrived at his apartment and knocked gently on the door. He looked through the peephole, before smiling and opening it. His joggers hung low on his hips, his torso on full display, a goofy smile plastered on his face as one arm rest on the doorway.

Y/n smiled and wandered in. He took her coat and hung it up. He took her bag and hung it next to her coat. She took off her sneakers and set them next to the door leaving her red and white spotted socks on.

'Can I get you a drink?' He asked.

She smiled and shook her head 'no thank you I'm fine'.

They smiled awkwardly, knowing the drill. The awkward 10-15 minute chat before getting down to business. But not this night. This night was different. Charles led them to the bedroom as they spoke about their days. He had left the curtains open and y/n wandered over to the balcony door looking out at the ocean below her. She turned around before scoping out his room as she always did. He watched her intently as he always did. She eventually settled on the bed.

'So' she said suggestively 'what did you want to do tonight?' She asked.

'I actually was thinking me might watch a movie' Charles said.

Y/n reached at the bottom of her top about to pull it off 'oh' she said 'uh sure we can do that' she said awkwardly pushing herself back up the bed to lean against the bed head.

Charles picked a movie and sat back with y/n who didn't really know what to do with herself. This wasn't what usually happened on these nights.

'So' y/n said suggestively again placing a hand on Charles thigh before turning to place her head in his neck. She kissed it softly and he moaned under her touch.

'Y/n' he said breathlessly letting her hands wander.

'Yeah?' She said quietly inbetween kisses.

He moved her head with his hand so she was facing him. She bit her lip and he placed a soft sweet kiss to her lips before pulling back.

'I actually asked you over for a different reason' he said positing his body to face him.

'Oh' she said pulling back before taking her hands off him.

He grabbed them out of his lap.

'I think about you a lot' he said staring at her hands before looking up at her face illuminated under the moonlight.

She stared at him speechless.

'I think about you all day and night. The way you talk, the way you smell, the way you taste, the way you you are. It's like heroin to me' he said.

Y/n still looked stunned. She removed her hands from his. She felt awkward.

'Charles' she said softly.

'I want to be with you y/n. Not just the casual hook up that we have. I want more of you' Charles said placing a hand on her thigh.

'Oh Charles' she said lifting his hand on her leg.

His face dropped.

'I think you have the wrong idea' she said 'I like you. I really do. And you're crazy attractive there's no denying that. But I convinced myself that this was a hook up only. This is all this is to me' y/n said. He words stinging Charles to no end.

'I'm really sorry' she said noticing his change in demeanour 'I think I'll see myself out' she said climbing off the bed. She walked back to the door to grab her coat and bag. She slipped on her shoes. She went to go for the door handle when a familiar hand stopped her.

'Y/n' a heart broken Charles said.

She turned to face him.

'Please don't forget about me' he said 'of you ever change your mind I am always here'.

'Oh Charlie' she said softly touching his face with her hand. She placed a soft but meaningful kiss to his lips. Their foreheads touched as they squeezed their eyes shut relishing in the moment 'Charlie. I will never forget these three years. But you know you and I can't be together. We just can't' she said before placing another lingering kiss.

She grabbed the door and opened it. She stepped out into the corridor. She turned around to look at him 'good bye Charlie' she said before turning to walk down the hallway leaving the monegasque to stand there in heart ache.