Carlos Sainz - Confidence

"So what you're trying to say is that hole 7 was par 6 and you did it in 5?" Carlos asked Lando in disbelief laughing.

"Yes I swear to god. I swear I got it in 5" Lando said to Carlos almost trying to convince himself that what had happened at golf was real.

"And you were by yourself when this happened?"

"Yes but it still happened I swear" Lando said pleading.

Carlos laughed shaking his head and took a sip of his drink. He was looking around the bar that he was in when his eyes landed on you. You in your emerald green playsuit that hugged you in all the right places. You with your short dark brown hair that he so desperately wanted to know his hands in. You with your beautifully long tan legs. You with the beautiful side profile that he desperately wanted to see more of.

"You right mate?" Lando asked looking at Carlos who was so obviously stuck in a trance.

"What?" He asked his gaze not moving off of you.

"Are you okay? You look really flustered" Lando said lifting himself off the table he was leaning on.

"Oh yeah" Carlos said ripping his eyes off of you and back at Lando.

"What are you staring at?" Lando asked looking around the bar before his eyes landed on you "oh" he said smirking raising his eyebrows. He drank the last of his drink "let's go over" he said placing the empty glass on the table.

"No no it's okay" Carlos said shaking his head.

"Come on" Lando said dragging him to the bar for another drink.

As soon as his drink was replenished he managed to convince Carlos to head over to you and your friend. He looked visibly uncomfortable and you weren't really sure how to react when Lando and Carlos presented themselves in front of you.

"Evening" Lando said loudly trying to be heard over the loud music.

"Hi" you friend Layla said leaning in towards them.

"My name is Lando and this is Carlos" he said using his hand to gesture to Carlos. Carlos smiled and nodded still not taking his eyes off of you.

"My name is Layla and this is my friend y/n" Layla said wrapping an arm around you.

"Pleasure to meet you" you said smiling before making eye contact with Carlos.

The conversation dulled and you and Layla weren't really sure what to do so you closed out the conversation and wandered off toward another area of the bar.

"What just happened" Lando said surprised.

"I don't know" Carlos said looking at Lando confused.

"What happened to you. Normally your got it covered you swoop in you're all confident" Lando asked making a lot of hand gestures.

"I don't know I just froze" Carlos said shrugging.

"Women never walk away from us" Lando said looking baffled.

Carlos shrugged again and they stood at the table trying to analyse what had happened.

"I reckon you freaked her out" Lando said frowning.

"What?" Carlos said offended "no way" he said shaking his head.

"You just stared at her all creepy and didn't say anything"

"You didn't say anything either"

"You were supposed to swoop in" Lando said exasperated.

Carlos rolled his eyes, finished his drink before mustering up the courage to go and talk to you. Lando stood back watching the Spaniard wander towards you and tap you on the shoulder. He watched you turn around, raise an eyebrow,  look confused, frown and then turn away. He then watched Carlos walk back towards him shaking his head and walk straight past him towards the bar.

"Fucked it up?" Lando asked smirking as Carlos walked past.

"I don't want to talk about" Carlos said in passing.

He eventually returned with drinks for both him and Lando before standing and making a plan.

"I don't know what is wrong with me" Carlos said head in his hands.

"Neither do I man" Lando said shrugging his shoulders "maybe you just need a little more liquid courage in you"

"I'm never this flustered. No one makes me flustered. God she probably thinks I'm an idiot. I've approached her twice now and haven't managed to utter a single word" he said burying his head further into his hands.

"Oh dear" Lando said patting his friend on the back.

"Give it one more shot. You fuck it up and we can go somewhere else" Lando said sympathetically.

Carlos drank half of his drink before taking a couple of breaths. Lando bid him good luck before he set off to find you. He eventually did and you visibly frowned as he approached you.

"Oh it's you again" you said displeased.

Carlos stared back at you "I don't know how you are doing this to me but you are one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in my life. You're faltering my confidence and I don't know how to feel about that" he said breathlessly in one sentence.

"Oh" you said taken aback.

"If you're interested I'd like to buy you a drink" he said shoving his hands in his pockets.

"Oh" you said blushing "that's a lovely offer but I'm actually with someone" you said giving Carlos a pained smile.

You watched his face go from smiling to frowning within a matter of seconds. He was about to say something when he was interrupted by an Australian accent.

"Alright mate" Oscar said wandering towards you and Carlos with a drink. One for you and one for him. He stood next to you resting an arm on your shoulders "I see you've met y/n".

"Oh" he said looking confused.

Lando seeing all of this unfold swiftly wandered over looking surprised to see Oscar.

"Hey mate" he said nodding to Lando "this is y/n" he said smiling at you.

"We've already met" you said smiling.

"Oh really?" Oscar asked looking confused.

You nodded "in the paddock" you said trying to hide the fact that his team mate and rival had hit on you only moments before.

"No you didn't. We met them tonight" Layla said looking confused.

Your eyes widened and you gave her a slight push "remember they tried to talk to us but it was sealed and he kept staring at you" Layla kept going.

You closed your eyes squeezing them shut. Layla immediately realised and went quiet. Oscar let out a loud laugh "oh so you have met".

"Uh yes" you said awkwardly.

"This is y/n's first race" Oscar said squeezing your arm and you smiled.

"That explains why we haven't seen you before. Oscar never mentioned he was seeing anyone" Lando said raising a brow.

"Yeah we've only just gone public" you said sipping your drink.

"How long have you guys been together?" Carlos asked.

"6 months" you said looking to Oscar "does that seem right?"

"Yeah about that" he said nodding his head.

Carlos look pained.

"Well we will leave you guys to it" Lando said smiling and removing him and Carlos from the awkward situation.

"Sorry Carlos" he said patting him on the back.

"Oscar really kept that on the down low" Carlos said sighing wandering to the bar.

It was gonna be a loooooong night.