Charles Leclerc/Lando Norris - Let Go

July 17th

You'll never forget that day.

The day you broke his heart.

The day you watched your now ex-boyfriend of 8 years crumble into a mess of a man.

It was detestations but it needed to be done. It was what was best for everyone.

You took a deep breath and tied up your runners. You grabbed your headphones and connected them to your phone. Your music started playing and you grabbed your keys and locked the door behind you. You did a couple of stretches before walking out onto the streets of Monaco to start your warm up. You stretched your arms out across your body swinging them to loosen them up before picking up the pace and getting into a jog.

You were in your own world when you came towards a road closure in front of you. You sighed stopping your jog before crossing the road and continuing on. You were about to start jogging again when you saw him. Your eyes widened and you quickly averted your gaze hoping he didn't see but unfortunately he did.

"Y/n?" Charles called out looking like a lost puppy.

You tried to ignore him but he started walking towards you waving his arms. You took your headphones off and wrapped them around your neck.

"Hey Charlie" you said smiling trying not to make it awkward.

"Hey y/n. What are you doing here?" He asked smiling back at you. A smile that could melt just about anyone.

"Well uh I live here" you said awkwardly chuckling.

"Of course. Yeah I forgot" He said shaking his head "um how have you been?"

"I'm good I'm good. How are you? What have you been up to?" You asked.

"Not a lot just racing as you know" he chuckled.

It was the first time since the breakup that you had seen him actually happy.

"Yeah how's that going?"

"It's going well. I mean I'm not coming first or anything but it's going well" he nodded.

You smiled "so what is else is new with you?"

"Um I have a girlfriend now" he said getting awkward.

You felt your heart sink a little. You weren't sure why considering you were the one who ended things.

"That's great" you said forcing a smile on your face.

"Yeah" he smiled "um are you seeing anyone? What have you been up to?"

"Uh not much just working and um no I am not seeing anyone at the moment" you said.

It got awkward.

"Well I should get going" you said rubbing your arm.

"Oh okay" Charles said looking a little down.

You smiled and said goodbye putting your headphones back on. You were about to walk off when Charles grabbed your arm, mouth open about to say something.  You stopped and turned around and he let go.

"Did you say something?" You asked taking your headphones off again.

"I'm I was going to say" Charles said before being interrupted.

"Hey Charles Carlos is looking for you" an English man said patting Charles on the back.

He stared at you and you at him.

"Hello" he said smiling at you.

"Hi" you said almost taken aback.

"Um Lando this is y/n. Y/n this is Lando Norris. He drives for McLaren" Charles said raising an eyebrow.