xxxii

TPH

I was pacing around the hospital lobby, waiting for Fantasia's name to be called so I could go back

I was pacing around the hospital lobby, waiting for Fantasia's name to be called so I could go back. Because I wasn't legally her wife I couldn't go back there, the celebrity didn't even work.

I huffed before pulling out my phone and dialing a number I hadn't used in years.

"Talk to me quick, don't talk to me slick." I voice rang out making me roll my eyes.

"Girl if you don't lose that tired ass way of answering the phone. It's been ten years." I said making the person on the other end laugh.

"Aw shit Henny how you been?" Kamayiah asked making me sigh

"Not good, I called cause I needed your help." I said as I sat down.

"What's going on? I saw yo lil post, always knew yo ass was a lil gay." She said making me laugh.

"Girl shut up! This is serious, the trash needs to be taken out." I said making her hum.

"Name?"

"Kendall Taylor."

"What he do?" She asked.

"He doesn't know how to keep his pole in his pants, and I refuse to let him around my girls anymore." I said as my leg bounced rapidly.

"When you trying to do it?" She asked making me sit back and think.

"As quickly as possible. Preferably tonight, let Macho have some fun with him too. He already likes that kind of stuff." I said making her chuckle lowly.

"Oh Henny how I've missed you. How your shorty?" She asked as I heard keyboard clicks.

"Waiting to find out now. Damn doctors taking forever and I just wanna get back home with her and the kids. Bad enough her oldest is the one who found her." I sighed as I slumped down in my seat.

"He hurt her too?"

"Twice."

"Well looks like Macho can bring his boyfriend and they can have twice the fun. You know if he's around anyone right now?" She asked.

"Maybe his little boyfriend or whatever but the kids are gone. I sent her mom to pick them up before I brought her up to the hospital." I said as a doctor walked out.

"Barrino?" They called out making me stand up.

"I gotta go. Call me in two hours with details. I want in." I said before hanging up.

"Can I go back now?" I asked once I was in reach of the doctor.

"Yes but I want to discuss her condition with you first. She has cuts and friction burns in her vaginal canal, she's going to get some ointment that needs to be applied every few hours. We've done the whole kit as well as gave her a morning after pill but it's not guaranteed to work as this is her ovulation period. She needs to rest up and it would be best for her to see a therapist or something of that nature within a weeks time." He said making me nod.

He handed me her discharge papers before leading me back to the room Tasia was in. I rushed over to her once the door was open and kissed her forehead.

"Ready to go home? The kids are waiting on us." I said softly as I ran my fingers through her hair. She nodded so I helped her stand up and get into a wheelchair before wheeling her out to the car.

I helped her inside before returning the wheelchair and getting in the car myself. The drive home was silent, Fantasia gripping my hand in an attempt to stay grounded.

Soon we were at my house, Zion chasing the kids around in the front window made both of us smile lightly. Tearing my eyes away from the sight I looked at Fantasia, the light in her eyes was gone and her face was still stained with tears.

I took a deep breath before getting out and going around to help her get out as well. I helped her up the stairs and once the door was unlicked I helped her inside.

"Mommy!!" Keziah yelled happily as she ran over.

"Easy Kezzy. Mommy has a ouchie, she can't pick you up right now." Zion said as she scooped Keziah up and brought her over to us.

"Tiss is better?" Kezzy said puckering her lips towards Fantasia, who was smiling with tears in her eyes. She leaned forward letting Keziah kiss her cheek.

"Thank you my baby, Mommy's going to lay down and let your kiss work its magic okay?" She said softly as she nuzzled her nose against Keziah.

"TT Raji tiss it better?" She asked me making me laugh.

"Okay, I'll kiss it better too." I said before placing a longing kiss on her temple. I felt her melt into my embrace which made my heart happy.

"Thank you love. Now I really gotta lay down and let yours work its magic." She said softly as she held my hand tighter.

"Come on, I had Zi run you a hot bath." I said as I helped her up the stairs and into my room.

"You want me to undress you?" I asked softly, making her nod.

"I know you won't hurt me baby." She whispered making my heart race.

I just nodded and helped her get undressed before helping her into the bathtub. I sat on the floor next to the tub and held her hand as she just soaked and stared at the ceiling.

"Sing to me." She said softly.

"I sing to you one time and now it's a regular request." I joked making her smile softly.

"Everything about you calms me, please?" She asked turning to face me.

"Anything for my baby."

It's all because of you I'm never sad and blue
You brighten up my day in your own special way
Whenever you're around I'm never feeling down
You are my trusted friend on you I can depend

You take me away from the pain and you bring me paradise
And when on the cloudy days, you brought sunshine in my life
It never occurred to me, the first time I saw your face
I would fall so deep in love that your love can't be replaced

You are my (you are) everything (you're my everything)
Love so good (love so good, so good, so good) only you can bring
You are my (you are my) everything
You are everything, and everything is you