xiv

FMB

"Did you have fun making cookies with TT Raji?" I asked Keziah as I gave her a bath

"Did you have fun making cookies with TT Raji?" I asked Keziah as I gave her a bath. She had gotten icing everywhere and needed a bath after we watched christmas movies and ate dinner.

She simply nodded with a smile, leaning her head back as I washed her hair. I grabbed the nozzle off of the wall, turning the water on but before I could rinse her hair she reached for me.

"I do it!" She said happily making me laugh.

"You sure? Mommy doesn't mind helping." I said as I gave it to her. She immediately started rinsing the back of her hair, I smiled at her independence, slightly helping along the way until taking control to rinse the top of her head.

Once all the shampoo was out I put a little conditioner in her hair and slowly combed it out.

"You want it out or in a ponytail?" I asked Keziah who currently had her eyes closed like she was really in a salon.

"Out." She said quietly making me nod. She was coming off her sugar high and the warm bath was pulling her into slumber.

I quickly finished combing her hair out before rinsing it and washing her body good a few times. Once I was done I unplugged the drain, letting the water run out before grabbing her bath towel and wrapping her up in it.

I lifted her out of the tub and held her in my arms as I stood up from the floor. She simply laid her head on my shoulder, closing her eyes again as I walked out of the bathroom into her room.

Thankfully everything was set out in her bed beforehand. I placed her in my lap, letting her lay on my chest as I dried her body with the towel before moisturizing her body with lotion.

She fell asleep almost immediately so I quickly but carefully got her dressed before taking her back downstairs where Taraji and Dallas were watching tv.

Taraji's eyes instantly snapped towards me as I walked down the steps, her arms opening and beckoning me to come closer to her. I went over to her, sitting right next to her before adjusting Keziah in my lap.

"Aww she couldn't hang?" She asked with a slight pout as she ran her fingers through Ziah's hair.

"Nah, bath time takes her out every time." I said with a light laugh as I looked down at her running my fingers over her face lightly.

I looked over at Dallas and saw him falling asleep on the other end of the couch as well which made me laugh.

"Looks like he couldn't either. Let me go put them in bed." I said standing up from the couch. Taraji stood up as well before turning to me and taking Keziah.