vi

FMBT

I woke up the next morning, still in Taraji's embrace which made me smile

I woke up the next morning, still in Taraji's embrace which made me smile. She was still fast asleep so I eased out of her hold and soon the bed, going to my room to get my day started.

I checked the clock and saw it was five in the morning, I sighed. Call time was at eight thirty and I needed to clear and prepare my mind before going on set.

The first thing I did upon entering my room was going straight to the bathroom and doing my morning hygiene routine. After about twenty minutes I was done with that so I grabbed my bible and journal and headed into the kitchen.

I flicked the light on before setting my things down at the island in the middle of the kitchen, searching for the coffee pot. Once my eyes landed on it I checked the cabinet above for coffee and mugs, thankfully both were there.

I made a small pot of coffee, given that I would be the only one up for up awhile. Once it finished brewing I made it to my liking before sitting down and opening my bible.

I closed my eyes and said a quick prayer before starting on my reading. Funny enough the passage I was reading spoke about forgiveness, causing me to jot down my own notes and thoughts in my journal.

I continued reading and journaling until the soft patter of feet drew my eyes up to the entrance of the kitchen.

Taraji was standing there, stretching while rubbing her eyes before slowly walking over to me.

"How long have you been up?" She asked as she stood beside me and rested her head on my shoulder. I quickly glanced at the clock before answering.

"Almost an hour. How'd you sleep?" I asked setting my pen down and wrapping my arm around her waist.

"Good, really wish I could sleep in longer though." She said with a sigh.

"I know, me too. I'll make another pot of coffee while you get yourself together, yeah?" I said while rubbing her side softly.

"Okay, thank you love." She said giving me a hug before pulling away from me and going back into her room.

I sat there, just staring into space for a moment before getting up and making coffee for everyone in the house. I hummed lowly to myself as I began looking in the fridge for something to make all of us.

We had a few groceries but not alot for a whole breakfast spread so I settled on making pancakes and a little fruit salad. The key to having a great day is to having a good morning and I needed to day to be the best day ever to keep Kendall off of my mind.