iii

FMBT

The rest of the plane ride was relatively silent

The rest of the plane ride was relatively silent. We landed in Atlanta airport around noon so us girls decided to get some rest at the airbnb before going out to dinner.

I opted to drive us all there, mainly because everyone else was really tired. But I was energized with anger.

We got out car from the rental service and loaded our bags in the trunk before heading out to the airbnb. Dani and Gabi sat in the back while Taraji sat in the passenger seat.

She played with my jewelry once again as I was driving, her touch bringing me peace and tranquility as I drove. Seemingly making me temporarily forget about my husband and his affair.

All I could think of was her. Her fingertips on my wrists, her classic Coco Chanel perfume engulfing me in its scent, her laugh floating through the air like a melody.

Everything about her made me feel, relieved.

Her laughter broke me out of my thoughts causing me to glance at her. She looked back at me, her eyes shining in the sunlight, deep pools of brown threatening to sink me under.

I quickly turned my attention back to the road, trying to ignore my rapid heartbeat. I glanced at the GPS and saw we were basically pulling up to the house and I pulled my hand away from Taraji's to park the car in the driveway.

We disconnected and all the heat left my body. I felt different. I remembered Kendall and his wrong doings, the anger in me refueling as Dani and Gabi left the car.

"Tasia, look at me." I heard Taraji gently eat before grabbing me by the chin. She turned my head until I was facing her, concern evident in her facial features.

"What's going through your mind right now, hm?" She asked gently.

"I'm so mad Raji." I said as tears started welling up in my eyes again.

"Since my baby was six Raji. He's about to be thirteen, and this man has been cheating since he was six years old. And I didn't notice." I said with tears flowing down my face.

"I feel like our whole relationship has been a lie. I literally just had this man's child not even three years ago T. And he's been doing me like this?" I said finally breaking down and crying, letting all my emotions and frustrations come out through my tears.

I moved my head from Taraji's hand and looked away as I cried. This is a moment I never thought I would have in life, it hurt so much.