xxiv

FMB

My phone blared, waking me out of the peaceful sleep was in

My phone blared, waking me out of the peaceful sleep was in. Raji and I kept going until I fell asleep which made her put a temporary pause on her aftercare routine.

I groaned as I rolled over and grabbed my phone. I checked the caller ID seeing that it was Zion and answered the phone.

"Hello?" I answered, quickly clearing my throat after hearing how I sounded.

"Oop. Where your voice go?" She asked making me roll my eyes.

"You woke me up Zi, you know how I sound when I wake up." I said as I slowly got out of the bed, not trying to wake Taraji with my conversation.

"Mama it's almost three in the afternoon, why you still sleep?" She questioned making me look at the time on my phone.

"I didn't even realize. I've been so tired lately." I said making her hum.

"You pregnant?"

"Girl no! Now what did you call me for?" I asked as she laughed on the other end.

"I was trying to see if you and Ms. Raji wanted to go to the mall and stuff with me but she hasn't answered my dm yet." She said making me glance back in the room at Taraji who as knocked out with her mouth open. I laughed to myself softly before responding.

"I can call her and see if she's up for it. What time you wanna go?" I asked as I walked into the bathroom and started a bath for Taraji and I.

"Well I wanted to go now but I can give you til bout five thirty, six o'clock." She said making me roll my eyes.

"Oh how gracious of you Zion. Anything else I can help you with?" I asked making her laugh.

"No Mother, I would just like your time is all. Meet me at the mall?" She said making me hum in agreement.

"Yeah, I can go get Raji after I get ready and we'll meet you there at six and grab some dinner after. I'll see you later pooh." I said blowing her a kiss through the phone before hanging up.

I let the water fill the tub, adding some epsom salts as well as scented bubble bath before turning the water off and going to wake Taraji up.

I climbed back in the bed, lying infront of her as I rubbed her back softly to coax her out of her deep sleep.

It only took a few seconds before she started stirring and her eyes fluttered open.

"Good morning sunshine." I said softly as she rubbed her eyes and sat up slowly.

"I ran us a bath, Zion's wanting us to go to the mall with her so we gotta get ready." I explained making her nod as she yawned.

"Alright, that sounds fun. How long until then?" She asked as she reached out for me. I scooted closer to her, letting her wrap herself around me before I answered.

"She said six so we got about three hours until then. Sound good?" I asked making her nod.

"Yeah, come on I wanna go get in that bath. You got my back aching girl." She said making me laugh as she let me go.

We both got up from the bed and headed to the bathroom, Taraji stepping into the tub first. She sighed as she sank down before grabbing my hand and helping me in. I sat behind her, letting her rest against my chest as I cupped the hot water and poured it over her body slowly.

"Baby." She said softly.

"Yes my love?" I said continuing my movements.

"I don't mean to seem like a bug. But when do you want to go public with our relationship? Like actually confirm that we're together and in love?" She asked almost as if she was scared.

"Whenever you feel comfortable with it baby. I've been dropping little hints here and there with the things I repost but I wanted to wait until you were comfortable and ready so I could scream it from the mountain tops." I said, my movements never stopping which made her relax into me even more.

"Should we tell our families first?"

"If that makes you more comfortable. I personally think they know already." I said making her look back at me.

"Who?"

"My mom." I said with a laugh.

"She was talking to me about it yesterday. Mentioning how close we are and how I look at you like you're the only person in the room." I continued with a smile.

"She called me a love sick puppy." I said making Taraji laugh.

"Oh you think that's funny?" I asked lightly splashing her with the water.

"Stop before you get my hair wet!" She squealed as she shielded her hair.

"You were saying that last night." I picked making her blush and roll her eyes.

"That was different." She tried explaining.

"Whatever you say baby."

short and sweet lol.
im bout to get fitted for my prosthetic,
and they said they can
get it to match my skin tone.
finna be a bad bitch
this summerrrr