xxvi

TPH

Fantasia ran to the bathroom shortly after the waiter left, leaving me and Zion at the table alone

"So how long you and my mama been bumping purses?" She asked suddenly making me choke on my food.

"Girl what?!" I asked once I finally caught my breath.

"I'm not slow Rah. I just wanted to see if y'all would be truthful with me or not. And I guess not." She said with a shrug that ultimately made me feel bad.

"We confessed our feelings for each other a few days before Christmas. It hasn't been long at all Zi." I said with a sigh which made her nod.

"Are y'all not ready to be public yet or something?" She asked looking up at me.

"I wouldn't say that. We've been dropping hints, just not being direct." I said moving my food around on my plate.

"Why not?"

"I honestly don't know. We discussed it a little earlier but never confirmed if we wanted to be public or not." I explained making her nod.

"You love her?"

"With all my heart. Look." I said before looking around and lifting my shirt so she could see the tattoo of Fantasia's name on my rib.

"Ohh you're down bad Rah." She said making me laugh.

"So is she. She has my name in the same spot." I said with a smile.

"Periodd. Go together real bad." She said sticking her tongue out.

"So you're where she got that shit from!" I said as we laughed together.

"And for the record, I'm going to take his number for myself, I wasn't actually trying to get him and mama together. I just wanted to see if either of you would crack, and you almost did." She said making me chuckle.

"I saw that eye twitch. Cookie was about to become real for a second." She said making me nod in agreement.

"Oh most definitely. She still could've said something so she's got it coming." I said taking a sip of my wine before refilling my glass.

"Rah don't leave her crippled! She has to few apartments with me tomorrow." Zion said making me smirk.

"No promisesss." I dragged out making her playfully gag.

"Girl bye!" I laughed as Fantasia came back to the table and sat down.

"What y'all talking about?" She asked as she sat down.

"Your upcoming impairment. I'll pray extra hard for you tonight Mommy." Zion said making Fantasia gasp and look over at me.

"She already knew! She was trying to set us up." I said raising my hands in defense.

"Mhm. Go together real bad huh?" Zion asked making Tasia stick her tongue out.

"Real bad." She replied as she and Zion laughed together.

We enjoyed the rest of our meal, laughter filling the air until Mr. Waiter Boy came back with the check.

"Thank you, and I'll be calling instead. If it's fine with you." Zion said as she took the checkbook from the waiter and placed her card inside.

"Perfectly fine with me. I hope to hear from you soon." He said as he took back the checkbook back and walked away to close out our tab.

"Oop okay Zizi I see you." I said teasingly once he walked away.

"Waiter boyfriend equals free food." She said making me burst into laughter.

"You ain't right Zi." Tasia said with a laugh.

"Never said I was."

"See, you get that shit from your daddy. I would never." Fantasia said playfully making me shake my head.

Soon the waiter came back with the receipt, Zion's card and his number, handing it all to her before bidding us a goodnight.

We all got up from the table and walked outside to our cars.

"Mommy please don't oversleep tomorrow, I have a viewing of the apartment at four thirty." She said as she hugged Fantasia goodbye.

"I'll set four alarms so I don't oversleep. I love you pooh, drive safe." She replied placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"Always. Bye Rah, don't hurt my mama too bad." She said as she gave me a hug.

"I always take care of her after. She'll be fine." I said making her playfully gag again.

"Ahh tmi! Bye you nasty heifers." She said as she got into her car making Fantasia and I laugh.

We watched her pull off before going and getting into my car.

"How much trouble am I in?" Tasia asked softly as I started the car.

"That's for me to know and for you to find out." I replied before starting the drive back to her house.

"But babyyyy." She whined making me cut my eyes at her.

"I don't want to hear it Monique. You could've spoken up and said you weren't single or a free woman. So now I have to remind you that you're my woman, do I make myself clear?" I said as I reached over and placed my hand on her thigh.

Instead of responding verbally she only nodded making me squeeze her thigh.

Strike two.

"I said do I make myself clear?" I repeated as I felt her thighs clench together.

"Yes Daddy."

"Good girl."

double fa ya troubles🫡