xxv

TPH

I set my phone down after posting a picture of Tai and I on instagram, bringing my focus back to our dinner with Zion

"So mama, I've been thinking." Zion started off making Fantasia groan.

"Oh Lord. Your thoughts be costing me money girl!" She exclaimed making me laugh.

"This one will actually save you money because I was thinking about finishing my last semester online and coming back home." She said making Fantasia whip her head towards her with wide eyes.

"Why you wanna do that Zi?" She asked.

"I'm tired of being so far away and only seeing you on holidays. I be missing you Mommy." She said with a pout that made my heart melt and made Tai start tearing up.

"Oh I be missing you too Zizi. Are you sure that's what you wanna do?" She asked her just to be sure.

"Of course. I've already been looking at apartments down here and I found one that I like and it's close to you and Rah." She said making me smile.

"It's probably the ones I was trying to show your mama." I said jokingly making them laugh.

"She saw that house and was sold. Couldn't even show her any others." I added on as I shook my head and took a sip of my wine.

"I believe it. The kitchen did her in huh?" Zion asked making me nod immediately. Fantasia rolled her eyes playfully as she waved both of us off.

"Whateverrr. Can we order now? I'm starving." She said as she looked around for a waiter.

Soon after a waiter walked up to our table with a bright smile, his eyes lingering on Fantasia a little too long for my liking.

"I apologize about the wait, what can I get for you ladies tonight?" He asked as he opened up his little notepad.

"I'll have the filet mignon with a side of asparagus and roasted red potatoes please." Zion started off. He nodded, writing down her order before turning to me.

"I'll have the creamy pesto pasta with spring vegetables please." I said quickly as I took another sip of my wine.

"And what can I get for you madam?" He asked as he turned his attention to Fantasia. His gaze was lustful and she was oblivious to it.

"I'll have the seafood alfredo, extra sauce please." She said with a smile as she closed her menu and handed it to him.

"Coming right up. Anything else I can get for you lovely ladies tonight?" He asked, his eyes never leaving Fantasia. I felt my eye twitch as I looked at him.

"Just another bottle of wine please." She responded with a smile. 

"Absolutely." He said with a subtle bow before walking off.

"Oouu Mommy he definitely likes you!" Zion said teasingly making Tasia laugh.

"No he does not." She said dismissively.

"Mm. Yes he does." I said lowly making her look over at me. We held eye contact for a few seconds before she turned away.

"So what if he does. I'm not interested." She said taking a sip of her wine.

"You single now Mommy. Get back out there!" Zion encouraged.

"Oh noo Zi. Absolutely not." Fantasia immediately shut her idea down while shaking her head.

"Get his number or I'll get it for you." Zion said which made me chuckle lightly.

"Rah, don't you think she should get his number? She's a free woman now!" Zion asked me making me shrug.

"That's up to her if she wants to deal with that. I can't make that decision for her." I said feigning ignorance as I tried to keep my cool.

Fantasia was definitely not a free woman. She was MY woman.

"Zi I'm really not interested in him. Don't push it." Fantasia said, trying to get Zion to stop but it wasn't working.

"Ugh you're so boring. I'm just gonna get his number for you." Zion said making Fantasia sigh and glance over at me. I simply just raised my eyebrow before turning to look around the restaurant.

I turned my attention back to the table before picking up my phone and texting Fantasia.

to: moni💋
take his number and see what happens

After a few seconds she checked her phone and took a deep breath. She locked her phone and looked over at me, her eyes begging me to keep my cool but I ignored her.

A few minutes later, Mr. Waiter Boy came back with our food, setting each of our dishes in front of us along with another bottle of wine.

"Anything else I can get for you ladies?" He asked as he looked around the table.

"Yea, your number." Zion said boldly causing Fantasia to choke on her wine.

"Zion!" She scolded with wide eyes.

"I noticed you making googly eyes at my mom and luckily for you she's newly single. So I'm playing match maker at the moment and need your number to give to her." Zion said with a cheeky smile as the waiter began to blush profusely.

"Uh, sure I'll bring it out with the check." He rushed out before walking off, not giving Fantasia a chance to intervene.

"Oh my God Zion why would you do that?!" Fantasia asked, her eyes widening in shock and slight fear.

"Because you weren't going to do it."

"Yea, for a good reason too. Lord, please hear my cry. I don't wanna die tonight." Fantasia said, her head tilted up to the ceiling.

I laughed as I began mixing up my pasta.

"Don't worry Tai. You won't die. At least not tonight." I said before taking a bite of my food, shooting a wink her way.

"Lord Jesus help me."

yall want Raji to
act out. its cominggg