Chapter 15 | The beasts and the dragons

Third Person

In the dimly lit hallway of the academy, with its ancient stone arches casting long shadows, a deafening silence was broken by the terrifying slither of a monstrous tentacle

In the dimly lit hallway of the academy, with its ancient stone arches casting long shadows, a deafening silence was broken by the terrifying slither of a monstrous tentacle. It snaked rapidly across the cold floor tiles.

As the monster continues to drag Rain somewhere, she is thinking of a way to save herself. The walls blurred past her, and her screams echoed off the stone.

Kahit na puno na ng bugbog ang kaniyang katawan ay sinubukan niya pa ring igalaw ito para labanan ang halimaw na humihila sa kaniya.

She tried to kick the tentacle of the monster off her foot, but the grip was so strong that it might leave a mark on her foot. A surge of adrenaline sparked her instincts as the grip tightened. So, left with no choice, she decided to use her magic.

She closed her eyes and focused on the magic that was within her. Ramdam niya ang lakas na taglay ng mahika niya na nakatago sa kaloob looban niya, ngunit hindi niya pa makontrol ang lahat ng iyon. Kung kaya’t nagpokus siya upang palabasin ang kung anong kaya niya.

The magic throbs from within her. It’s pulsating as she tries to grasp a small amount of it.

With a flick of her wrist, Rain summoned a surge of water from the air itself, its molecules condensing and spinning with lethal precision.

Muntik pa itong maglaho kung kaya’t mas lalo pa siyang nagpokus upang kontrolin ito, dahil hindi niya pa gaanong nahahasa ang move na ito.

Then, in a flash of clarity, the water transformed into a razor-sharp blade, and with a swift motion of her hand, the liquid blade sliced through the tentacle’s thick, rubbery flesh.

Ang malaking kamay ng halimaw ay kaagad na tumalipon palayo, na para bang hiniwa ito ng isang espada.

Hindi rin nagtagal ay sumunod ang isang nakakabinging sigaw ng halimaw. It was a monstrous roar, a blend of agony and rage, that vibrated through the corridor and shook the very air.

The terrible cry echoed through the labyrinthine halls.

“Oh, crap…” Rain nervously whispered as she realized that it was not over.

Hindi niya naihanda ang kaniyang sarili sa posibleng mangyari pagkatapos ng kaniyang ginawa.

Rain crashed to the floor as the tentacle’s hold loosened. Her body is now violently rolling on the floor as the force from the dragging has its consequences.

“Argh!”

She gasped for air, her body shaking not just from the raw fear and adrenaline. Her breaths were heavy, and her heart continued to race.

The severed part of the tentacle, now detached from its monstrous body, gave a violent twitch on the floor before lying still, its dark blood pooling around it.

Still panting from exertion, she felt a new surge of fear ripple through her as the scream of the monster filled her ears. Her senses were still heightened, and her mind was alert.