Prologue

The mid-morning sun filtered through the grand windows of the academy's headmistress's office, making the polished wooden desk shine. The headmistress, Ms. Leia Brianna, was sitting behind the desk as the sound of her nails clicking against the desk echoed through the room.

"The child," she started, glancing at the communication device on her table that is connected to the palace. "If I may ask, your grace, saan mo natanggap ang impormasyon na ito nga ang bata na hinahanap natin?"

Nakarinig siya ng mahinang kaluskos na tila tunog ng pagpihit ng papel. The queen must be in her office, doing some paperwork.

"It doesn't matter where I got the information." Rinig niyang litanya ng sa kabilang linya. "I will trust you with that child. We need her when the time comes. Ang mahikang taglay niya ay makakatulong sa atin-on our project. Everything is according to plan, and I trust you to do your job."

Nang marinig ito ng Headmistress ay napalunok siya ng bahagya. "Kailangan ba talagang idamay ang mga bata?"

"Yes, it's necessary." Her lips pursed at the response. May isa pang kaluskos na tunog mula sa device, at pagkaraan ng ilang sandali ay nagsimulang magsalita muli ang nasa kabilang linya. "I must go. I have a lot of work to do. Now, this information is classified," referring to the child. "You mustn't tell a single soul."

And with that, the line went dead.

Nakatulalang sumandal si Headmistress Leia sa kaniyang swivel chair. Her hand rests on her table as she dives deep into her thoughts.

Naalala niya ang pagpupulong na naganap noong nakaraang buwan, na naging huling pagpupulong nila hinggil sa proyektong ninanais ng hari at reyna.

Isa siya sa mga taong pinagkakatiwalaan ng hari at reyna sa proyektong ito dahil kasama sa plano ang akademikong kanyang kasalukuyang pinamumunuan. Higit pa rito, ilang mga mag-aaral din ang kasangkot.

The headmistress sighed once more. "Dragons fly, fates entwine, and so it begins."

ashiaari