thirty two.

༻✧༺

"what's going on?" bella questioned as her and eddie entered the house. they were stood by the doorway, looking into the living room where nina, amber and patricia were bombarding victor with words and frustrating the man. she looked up at eddie expectantly but the boy could only shrug in response, clearly just as lost as the girl.

suddenly victor shouted at them to be quiet before something else was said, and amber and nina came rushing past the two and up the stairs. "that was weird." bella mumbled, shaking her head as she headed towards the kitchen. her and eddie were still dressed in the american football gear that they had found in the gymnasium of the school, and had just finished their friendly game that bella definitely won despite eddie's protests. 

however, upon their tousling around, bella was yet to realise that the amulet she was meant to be looking after had slipped off her neck whilst they were playing.

"gotta admit princess, you've got good game," eddie complimented as he followed her into the kitchen. "for a girl." he cheekily added, causing her to roll her eyes as she grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

"you're just mad that i actually beat you." she taunted, turning to face him with a victory smile.

"yeah, i don't think sitting on me so i can't move is winning." he rolled his eyes as the girl giggled, clearly amused by their little game. "just admit that real football is just too hard for you." he shrugged, a smug smile on his lips.

"yeah, right." bella flicked her hair out of the way as she took a sip of her water, however, she noticed that her hair didn't get caught in the amulet like it usually would. with eyes widening in panic, she felt around, realising that it was missing. "oh no," she mumbled, setting the bottle down as she realised she had lost the amulet. "oh god."

"finally realised i'm right?" eddie questioned.

"no i―" bella didn't even finish her sentence as she hurried over to vera. "can i go, vera? i just remembered, i left something behind at the school." she partially lied, hoping the woman would give in to her desperation.