forty.

༻✧༺

"amber are you okay?" bella questioned as the two of them headed down the stairs to join the little celebratory party they were holding for the ping pong team for winning the frobisher shield back.

"yeah, just exhausted," amber sighed, holding onto the banister for support. "honestly, i feel like i could go to sleep right now." she mumbled as bella stared at her in concern. 

"maybe we should skip the party?" bella suggested, but amber waved her off, continuing down the stairs.

"i'll be fine." she assured, not giving bella any room to argue as she made her way into the dining room where everyone was gathered. the brunette sighed, following after her as she entered through the living room. she felt a buzz in her back pocket, catching her attention as she took out her phone and sat down on the sofa. her eyes widened when she realised who it was from.

"you ignoring me now?" eddie caught her attention before she could acknowledge the text, he had noticed her from where he was standing in the dining room. there was no one else with the girl, so he decided to approach her so that they could talk whilst everyone else was busy with celebrating and eating. 

bella looked up from her phone, realising it was eddie talking to her as she hurriedly locked her phone and tucked it away. she opened her mouth to say something when he cut her off. 

"no, just no, hear me out for once." he pleaded, carefully taking a seat next to her. "i'm sorry... for not telling you about," he glanced around, making sure no one was listening. "you know, dad." he whispered as bella was surprised that he didn't refer to him as sweetie. "i should've trusted you, but i didn't." he continued, thinking that bella's feelings were hurt because he had lied to her. "and... i really care about what you think, so there it is." he finished, an awkward smile on his lips as he stared at the girl expectantly. 

bella breathed out, nodding her head, but she couldn't find the words to say anything. if she said what she really felt, then she'd have to tell him everything, but if she told him everything, then he'd realise that she had lied to him too. 

"i get it," he chuckled, nodding his head as bella glanced over at him, wondering if he had figured her out. "you're ignoring me now, real mature." he exclaimed in annoyance before storming off, giving bella no chance in explaining herself.