four.

༻✧༺

"reading during your free time? you really know how to make yourself popular, huh?" bella glanced up from the book in her hands, finding jerome entering the living room. he was smirking at the girl, his arms crossed as he took a seat next to her. "and geeky glasses to pair with it, perfect." he teased, pointing to the circle-rimmed glasses that accented her face. bella rolled her eyes, shutting the book before placing it on her lap. the students had returned back to the house not too long ago, although bella did notice that fabian and nina were yet to return. having no one to spend time with, she opted with getting into cozy clothes and sitting on the sofa downstairs with a book that she had brought with her. 

"ha ha, very funny." she sarcastically fired back, rolling her eyes at the boy. "although i don't think this is what our deal was." she added, reminding him of their conversation from just earlier that day. jerome held his hands up in surrender, before suddenly snatching the book from the girl. "hey—!" she exclaimed in surprise.

"this was part of the deal." he defended himself before taking a look at the title of the book. "norwegian woods, god it's not even something for a class?" he questioned in disgust, although only playfully. bella rolled her eyes, sitting back in defeat.

"yup, surprisingly it's more entertaining than that mess happening over there." bella commented, pointing over to the kitchen where a panicked trudy was guiding a chaotic alfie ― well rather, she was scolding him as he didn't listen to a word of instruction from her. "oh, to have the patience trudy has." bella sighed, shaking her head in disappointment for the poor woman who would have to clean up after alfie. "now give me my book." bella demanded, turning her attention back to jerome. whilst he was still distracted by alfie, the girl reached forward for the book, but jerome was quick to sense her movement and move his arm in the opposite direction ― farther away from her.

"you find alfie making a complete mess, less entertaining than a book?" jerome asked in disbelief. there was no way you couldn't sit here and not be distracted by alfie's antic, it was literally free entertainment. "come on, you can't tell me that isn't hilarious?" he questioned, pointing towards his best friend. the two peered over, just in time to witness alfie bite into a rock solid cupcake that was encrusted in a black shell, enough information for the two to realise that he had burnt his first batch. bella couldn't help but snort, a giggle escaping her lips as jerome laughed, peering over at the girl who was trying hard to hide her smile with her hands. "see? free entertainment."