thirty three.

༻✧༺

"that was a close one." bella sighed as she was guided back into her bedroom and sat down on her bed. they had managed to hide away in time from being caught by their little visitor in the tunnels, but unfortunately it cut their adventures short as they decided to return to their rooms before anything else went wrong.

"we also couldn't figure out what we need to hang on those hooks, and that large spider for the hole." fabian reminded them as there was murmurs of agreement.

"come on sarah, throw us a bone here." amber sighed, all of them clearly stunted by this task.

"i'm more worried about who chased bella down the tunnel." nina mentioned, reminding them of their other problem. 

"did you not hear anything?" fabian asked. "a voice? deep breathing? any clue at all?" 

"nothing." bella responded. "just footsteps." 

"someone with feet, well that narrows it down." amber sarcastically commented.

"it had to be victor, surely." patricia added, knowing that there wouldn't be anyone else as hot on their tail as victor. there was no answer to her statement, and instead  a sound from outside the room caught their attention. bella heard the door swing open before a loud shout of surprise made her jump in fright, not expecting such a sudden sound. 

"fabian!" jerome exclaimed, holding a hand to his heart. "you scared the life out of me!" 

"buddy, what's up?" alfie questioned, suspicious of his friend as he now sounded further away from bella than earlier. 

"what are you doing out here, jerome?" fabian asked the boy, confusion clear in his tone as he wondered what he was doing pacing outside in the girl's hallway.

"just waiting... to use the girl's bathroom." jerome lied. even without seeing his face, she could tell he was up to no good.