twenty three.

༻✧༺

the next morning followed quickly for the sibuna gang as their extravagant night had come to an end. bella covered her mouth as a yawn escaped her lips, surprised to find nina in her usual seat next to amber as fabian was seating himself down across them. she didn't question it and took nina's seat instead as vera approached the table, placing a big bowl of cereal in front of her.

"what happened to you four last night? you disappeared into thin air." she commented, catching their attention as they glanced at one another. it was obvious they were taken aback by her question, trying their best to not look suspicious.

"yeah, you guys do that a lot around here." eddie chimed in, taking a seat next to fabian. "were you sneaking off to play hopscotch?" he teased in a fake british accent, causing the table to burst in to laughter, luckily changing the subject as bella noticed that vera seemed to lose interest and walked back into the kitchen.

"actually, the reason i'm never in our room at night is because of the awful music you play and the volume you play it at." fabian scolded, glaring at the boy sat next to him.

"it's not that bad." bella commented as she reached over for a croissant. "its better than whatever preppy song amber sings in the shower." 

"hey!" 

fabian choked on his drink, amber took offense to her words and the rest of the table stared at bella in surprise, not expecting the girl to come to eddie's defence, of all people. they were very much aware of their ongoing feud since he had first arrived, so to hear those words come out of bella's mouth would make you think she was possessed. 

"oh, you're good." alfie praised, giving the boy a knowing smile as he nodded his head in approval.

"good at what?" bella sent the boy a sharp stare, her interest piqued as he seemingly decided to stay quiet. she noticed eddie's face drop as he seemed to be unable to meet her gaze, causing her to grow frustrated at the sudden silence. "good at what?" she repeated, this time staring daggers at eddie as she waited for a response.