thirty.

༻✧༺

"is victor still asleep?" the sibuna gang convened at the bottom of the staircase, their nightly adventures turning out to be a success as nina and fabian had managed to get their amulets back after the rest of the gang had accidentally fallen asleep.

"he's sleeping like a baby." patricia whispered.

"well, lucky ole victor." amber sighed, clearly annoyed that she didn't get her full eight hours of beauty sleep.

"don't think he'll see it that way when all the amulets are gone." fabian pointed out.

"that's why we have to get to school before he wakes up," nina added. "tonight, we go back to the tunnels." she smiled, the six of them excited that their tunnel adventure was no longer on pause. they all nodded their heads in agreement, heading out of the house first before anyone else caught them.

as the others walked ahead, bella grabbed hold of amber's arm, slowing the girl down so they were a few steps behind. "now's our chance to go to the other house." bella whispered, making sure the others hadn't noticed them. amber nodded, gently guiding the girl away from the group as they snuck away towards hathor house.

"what do you think we'll find?" amber questioned as they approached the house. "will it be like nina where the house talks to her too?" bella shrugged, stopping in front of the house.

"i guess we're about to find out." she sighed, looking up at the door. the house's exterior looked almost identical to anubis house, other than the fact that the shrubbery was a little more unkempt compared to theirs. "should i knock?" bella's eyebrows knitted together in confusion, wondering if they should just walk in or if it was good manners to knock first. amber just shrugged, equally as confused as she had never visited any of the other houses herself.

luckily for them, the door swung open and one of the students was about to leave the house when he was taken by surprise by the two girls standing in front of the door. "woah," he took a step back, catching himself before he bumped right into bella. "what's a pretty girl like you doing out here?" he was quick to pull himself together and immediately flirt, as the two girls rolled their eyes at his quick change.