eleven.

༻✧༺

"bella?!"

"heyyy..." bella awkwardly greeted the three, trying to act like this situation wasn't weird at all. i guess it wasn't every day that you bump into a random student in a secret room hidden behind a wall in the cellar full of a creepy alchemy table and taxidermy animals. not weird at all.

"what are you doing down here?" nina questioned, stepping into the room as amber and fabian followed in. the three jumped in surprise as the shelf suddenly shut behind them, turning around to realise that they were locked in.

"don't worry, we can open it back up." bella reassured. the three of them visibly relaxed before turning around, remembering what they were dealing with. bella pursed her lips, awkwardly patting her pockets. "you're probably wondering why i'm down here?" she chuckled, as the three continued to stay silent. however, sudden realisation washed over the girl as her eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "wait," she began, tilting her head. "what are you guys doing down here?" she questioned, realising that they both had the right to suspect one another.

this seemed to cause them to falter, as the trio glanced at one another, realising that the tables had turned. they seemed to make a silent agreement before speaking up. "okay, we'll tell you everything if you do the same." fabian declared, stepping forward. however, bella wasn't budging.

"okay fine, you guys go first." she shrugged nonchalantly, knowing very well that she had the upper hand ― although, the situation was a lot more dire than she anticipated. the three were reluctant to say anything, bella patiently waiting as nina and fabian sent each other knowing looks and amber busily stared between the two as she wondered what they were thinking. 

"come on guys, we can trust bella." amber finally spoke up, tired of waiting as she stepped forward. "i mean, what's there to hide, if she's already here before us, then she clearly has a good idea of what's going on." she reasoned, siding with the girl as she turned to her two best friends.

"i mean, she has a good point." nina shrugged, turning to fabian for some assurance. he smiled, nodding his head and agreeing with the two girls. "okay," nina sighed, turning to bella with a hesitant smile. "well, if we're going to explain, then you have to promise that everything that has happened and will happen only stays between us."