ten.

༻✧༺

"alfie, if i'm being completely honest, i'm not a huge fan of being blind and having to be led by you― ow." the girl groaned, bumping into another object that the boy quickly apologised for, for the fifth time.

"we're almost there." he assured, but he also said that the other five times. "and here we are!" he declared as bella finally opened her eyes, surprised to find jerome at a picnic bench just outside the school with a bunch of different foods on the table. bella's eyebrows scrunched together in confusion as she turned to question alfie, but the boy had disappeared before she had a chance to even see him. 

"what is all this?" bella questioned as she walked up to jerome, the boy giving her a bright smile as he guided her to the bench. she was surprised to find a whole load of homemade chinese food in different tupperware, leaving the girl speechless as her eyes widened at the sight of it all. "did you do all of this?" she questioned, pointing towards it all as she looked up at jerome. 

"well," jerome shrugged as if it were no big deal. "i did have a little help, but it was all me." bella grinned, rolling her eyes at the boy who took all the credit. 

"ah," realisation washed over her. "is this what you and mara were up to?" she questioned, looking up at him. jerome smiled, nodding his head. bella didn't ask anymore questions as they both sat down, the girl pushing the thought of jerome and mara spending time together to the back of her head as her mouth watered just at the sight of it all.

"and," jerome pulled something out of his bag before handing it over to her. "we'll be eating traditionally." he declared, handing the girl chopsticks which took her by surprise. 

"you can use these?" she questioned as she accepted the cutlery.

"oh," jerome chuckled, shaking his head. "don't be silly, this is for me." he pulled out a fork, causing the girl to roll her eyes as a giggle escaped her lips. jerome smiled, watching as the girl excitedly turned to the food, her eyes roaming around as she wondered what to eat first. 

she decided to go for a dumpling, picking it up and taking a bite. jerome noticed almost immediately how the girl froze and wasn't chewing, immediately thinking the worst as he figured that it didn't taste as good as he had hoped it would. "why, what is it? does it not taste good?" he questioned.