thirty seven.

༻✧༺

bella sighed, shutting her locker door after taking out the books she'd need. as she was turning away, she caught sight of eddie approaching his locker, side eyeing the girl before turning to face her. "wait, lemme guess," he suddenly began, an amused smile on his lips. "booby trapped? know you too well already." he grinned before turning to open his locker.

he was visibly disappointed when nothing happened. "oh," he mumbled, a little embarrassed for getting ahead of himself. "that wasn't expected." 

bella rolled her eyes, walking over to the boy. "sorry to disappoint, but i don't mess with the teacher's pet." she shrugged as the boy turned to face her properly, his arms crossed as he stared at her in disbelief.

"what are you talking about?" 

"come on," bella raised her eyebrows, wondering how he didn't realise. "sweetie totally let you off yesterday, playing the bad boy when you have a get out of jail card at hand is a little pathetic, don't you think?" she taunted him, clearly hitting a nerve as he scoffed.

"sweetie and i are not friends." he corrected, standing firmly as bella rolled her eyes.

"yeah, sure, i'll believe it when i see it." her snarky comment only fuelled eddie as he nodded in agreement, clearly up for the challenge.

"i'll take you on that offer," he agreed. "but don't cry when i prove you wrong." he smugly finished as bella chuckled, nodding her head. 

"whatever you say." she patted his shoulder and gave him a tight-lipped smile before walking away and leaving him to himself. she headed into the student lounge where the rest of the sibuna gang were waiting for her as they had agreed to meet up after class to discuss something that fabian and nina had found last night just after they left the new task room.

"okay," fabian began as she took a seat on the arm of the sofa he was sat on, nina sat next to him, and patricia and amber on each sofa either side of the two. "these are the riddles nina found." he scrolled through the ipad in his hands, showing them the pictures of the walls that they had taken.