twenty seven.

༻✧༺

bella was starting to think that waking up to amber screaming was becoming a regular routine, and was definitely better than any other alarm she's had. still groggy from being awoken so suddenly, she sat up in her bed, looking around with half her eyes open.

"amber." bella was finally alert as she realised something bad must have happened, seeing nina hurry over to their blonde best friend. she scrambled to her feet and joined the two of them on amber's bed, as amber hurriedly rolled her sock down to reveal the cursed mark of anubis, causing the brunettes to share a wide-eyed look of concern.

"we're all cursed, aren't we?" amber questioned as bella's eyebrows knitted together.

"we?" she questioned in confusion. 

"did you not see her? in the dream?" amber turned to bella expectantly but she just returned it with a shake of her head. 

"another dream?" bella asked as the two of them turned to nina. "why would she curse everyone but me?" nina wanted to ask the same question, the three of them unable to find a proper answer as they stared at the tattoo tainting amber's skin.

"i need to hide this, i can't walking around with a tattoo!" the blonde exclaimed, panic settling in as she realised the consequences she would have to face if anyone else found out.

"i have long socks, you can use those to cover up." nina suggested before standing up and digging through her wardrobe in search of them.

"i don't know who i'm more scared of, the spirit or my dad?" amber questioned rhetorically, clearly more afraid of her dad by the looks of things. 

"here," nina returned with the ugliest pair of long socks bella had ever seen. "these will cover it."

"okay," amber stared in disgust at the long socks, clearly not a fan of them either. "so i just have to wear long socks for the rest of daddy's life?" amber questioned. "that will look great around the pool."