twenty four.

༻✧༺

"meal worms?" bella shut her locker door, both her and joy turning to patricia with a disgusted look. "i know he was a terrible human being, but i don't think i could ever wish meal worms on anyone." bella commented, starting to feel bad with this whole revenge thing patricia was helping her with.

"trust me, if you let him get away with it, then he'll only hurt you again." patricia shrugged as the three of them began walking. bella pursed her lips, nodding her head in agreement, knowing that she had to do it. 

"wasn't pouring milk on him enough though?" she whined, turning to patricia before they entered the classroom. 

"not if it didn't come from you." she pointed out, shoving the box of french chocolate into her chest, forcing bella into taking it. patricia and joy entered the classroom before she could protest, a groan escaping bella's lips as she tried to pull herself together. releasing a deep breath, she gave herself a silent pep talk before entering the classroom.

almost immediately her eyes landed on eddie. she gathered herself before approaching the boy, catching his attention upon doing so as she watched him perk up and send her a sarcastic smile. "have you finally built up the courage to fight your own battle?" bella rolled her eyes at his snarky remark, holding out the box of chocolates.

"i didn't know patricia would do that," she quietly began, a sigh escaping her lips as she clearly displayed the fact that she didn't want to do this. "and i'm not the type of person to do something so horrible," she continued, referring to the milk being poured over him. although, honestly, she wished she had thought of it and done it herself. "so here, a truce."

"truce?" eddie raised a questioning eyebrow as he accepted the box. 

"its just chocolate. fancy chocolate." she shrugged as if it were no big deal, trying to seem nonchalant.  

"wow, who knew the pampered princess actually knows how to treat her royal subjects." he taunted, before his eyes read over the box. his expression seemed to soften as bella assumed he had taken the bait. "thanks."