nine.

༻✧༺

"nina martin has the mark of anubis on her arm." bella froze, keeping her head hidden behind her locker door as she pretended to be looking for her books whilst eavesdropping into victor's hushed conversation with mr sweet.

"the what?"

"it's an ancient symbol — a curse." her eyes widened at the information, wondering if victor really believed in that stuff. well, with the weird dreams she had been having, and with the weird voices in her head, his words weren't all that unbelievable. "i want her removed from the bid and placed under surveillance — we cannot take any chances."

"no victor," mr sweet was stern in his tone. "not after last term." bella's ears perked up as her interest piqued even more, wondering what had happened to the american girl last term. she quickly turned away upon noticing victor looking around, luckily she was out of sight, but not out of ear shot as he continued. 

"if we lose this bid, it'll be on your head, eric." victor seethed before storming off. bella shut her locker door, glancing behind her towards mr sweet who seemed to be in deep thought as he processed the caretaker's words — clearly taking the threat very seriously. however, bella couldn't dwell on it much longer as the bell rang, signalling the beginning of class which bella was now late for.

she brushed off her thoughts and hurried towards the classroom, entering just as the teacher had. "ah, bella, nice of you to join us." 

"sorry." the girl apologised, hurrying over to take a seat next to amber. the blonde girl was busy interrogating bella for her tardiness, that she didn't notice a certain dirty blonde haired prankster's gaze fixed on her, also wondering why she was late.

༻✦༺

a couple of days passed since that incident. things were finally starting to go back to normal for bella as she hung out with jerome again, and even alfie every now and then. she had been helping the boy with his side quests of winning over amber and had even helped the boy decorate a small lawn tractor which was no longer being used.