thirty nine.

༻✧༺

"you know chewing on your nail like that won't fix anything." amber commented as she glanced up from the magazine she was reading on her bed. bella flushed red in embarrassment as she placed her hand back on her desk, a heavy sigh escaping her lips as she glanced over towards her blonde best friend. "i know you want to go talk to him," she continued, setting her magazine down. "so what's stopping you?" 

"i said i wanted him to get expelled," bella pointed out. "and now he might actually be! i'm a horrible person." she groaned, throwing her head into her hands as she began stressing all over again. 

"you're not horrible," amber denied the self allegations as she scooted over so she was sat on the edge of her bed. "it was in the heat of the moment and no one can blame you, we were all thinking it." she shrugged, doing her best to reassure the girl.

bella chuckled, although there was nothing humorous about the situation. she lifted her head from her hands, turning to face amber who was giving her a look. "i don't want him to go." bella finally admitted, taking the blonde by surprise as a knowing smile graced her lips. 

"what are you waiting for? go tell him that!" amber ushered the girl out of her seat, clearly excited as she pushed her out of the room and basically left her no choice but to go downstairs and speak to eddie. bella stared at the shut door of her bedroom, realising that it was now or never.

with a funny feeling in the pit of her stomach, she made her way downstairs and towards his room, slowing down when she heard someone's voice.

"i'm so disappointed in you, edison." the girl hid behind the door, unintentionally eavesdropping into the conversation as she wondered why mr sweet had come all the way here to talk to eddie. 

"what's new, dumbledore?" eddie fired back, clearly unable to take the situation seriously. 

"you know i always suspected this place might bring out the worst in you, but i hoped you'd prove me wrong." he continued, ignoring eddie's comment.