seventeen.

༻✧༺

"so this is the weirdest thing i've ever done." bella joked, although there was no humour behind her words as she stared at the small fire amber had created before her. the four of them were in a clearing near the school, having left early in the morning to complete this initiation amber had mentioned last night.

"it's easy, you just throw in your item and then repeat after me, okay?" amber instructed, clearly excited to initiate a new member into sibuna. 

"okay." bella breathed out, looking down at her item. she knew it had to be something important to her, and since she really didn't bring a lot of her important belongings with her, she opted for her favourite bookmark. it meant a lot to her, more than a bookmark could ever mean to someone, but she wanted to take this seriously too. "here goes." she quietly mumbled as she threw it into the fire.

"now repeat after me," amber lifted her right hand up into the air. "i, your full name."

"i," bella paused, realising she had never revealed her full name before. she took a quick glance around, realising that they were all patiently waiting for her. "isabella iseul kim."

"being of sound mind." amber continued, although it was clear that she was surprised by bella's full name.

"promise to protect the secrets of anubis house."

"and to stand by my fellow club members ― and then say our names." bella nodded.

"and to stand by my fellow club members, amber millington, fabian rutter and nina martin." amber smiled, the three original sibuna members glancing at one another as they nodded their heads.

"sibuna." they chorused, with their right hand covering their right eye. bella tilted her head in confusion, copying them as she repeated.