sixteen.

༻✧༺

"working so hard you need a little break? what did you do again? pick up a bucket?" bella glared at the blonde haired boy who sat at the foot of the stage on his phone, clearly not bothered by the fact that he was meant to be actually helping amber and bella whilst they tidied up. they had just finished donkey day after jerome had somehow managed to stomach three gallons of creamed carrots, which honestly made bella want to puke just from the thought of it. she didn't know how she managed to watch him eat all that, but she did since he had asked her to come.

"you're a couple of strong, twenty-first century women, why do you need my help?" he argued back, his pathetic reasoning making bella's eyes roll.

"i've broken a nail." amber pointed out.

"go sisterhood." the blonde girl sent him a look. "fine, fine." he locked his phone and tucked it into his pocket as he stood up and began helping. however, his helping caused a huge carrot stain to paint across bella's arm as she was busily tidying up the leftover carrot gunk in the buckets.

"are you kidding me?" however, eddie didn't even apologise as he walked back to the table to grab another bucket. bella sighed, turning back to her work when an idea suddenly popped into her head. pursing her lips, she stuck her hand into the carrots and grabbed a handful before turning back and sending it straight into eddie. she was pleased with herself as it splattered across his clothes, painting it a fine carrot shade of orange.

"mine was an accident." he argued, disbelief clear in his tone as he glanced down at the mess.

"oops," bella shrugged innocently. "so was mine." 

"wait!" amber cut in, holding her hands up as she stared between the two. "wait, wait." she instructed, running off the stage and making sure she was a good distance away before turning back to the pair. "i'm clear." she shouted before running out, giving the pair the signal to start a carrot fight.

bella squealed, laughter escaping her lips as she threw carrot gunk at the boy, him throwing his own right back at her. despite how disgusting the carrot felt in her hands, she was entertained by throwing it at the boy. turning to get another bucket of carrot ammunition, an idea popped into her head as her eyes landed on the full bucket of creamed carrot.