27

“It’s already late now. Are you sure you want to drive by yourself?” Dongwoo asked. They had another meeting and went out drinking after the press conference and other stuff. There’s a lot of things happening. After they filed the lawsuit against the person who posted a false claim against Hyunsuk, the company was planning to hold a press conference right away. But they had to postpone the press conference after they received news that there’s another trending post regarding the scandal being posted. And the public was so shocked knowing the truth through the post. They need to plan the press conference again before they hold it to get prepared with possible questions.

While the management department staff were discussing the new material for the press conference, Hyunsuk got a call from Jihoon telling that Hongjoong posted something. Hyunsuk looked up and couldn’t believe what he just saw. Well. That post hasn’t really gotten that much attention yet because people are busy with the new information they just received about the scandal and the fact that Rainbow Cloud is going to hold a press conference. Hyunsuk is sure that when the post gets the attention, the public will go wild again.

Actually, Hyunsuk can already list out who possibly posted that false claim and the original audio folder. And Hongjoong was one of a few people on his list. Those who are in his list are the person who he was quite close with before he joined his current company. They are close to the point that they even sleep over at each other’s house. That’s why it makes Hyunsuk quite hard to face it. Because he’s scared of any possible outcomes.

But after seeing the posts that Jihoon made as anonymous on an online community just to try to repair Hyunsuk’s image, Hyunsuk just couldn’t help but to really appreciate it. Sure, Jihoon didn’t really decide to do that all by himself. Yoshinori suggested that he do so. But, all of the contents are purely from Jihoon. Hyunsuk appreciates that Jihoon took his time to write those and post them on the online community, everyday without fail despite being very busy with his packed schedule. Jihoon also didn’t miss to text him at least once everyday.

It makes him feel like he’s being appreciated. That he’s important. And that someone is there waiting for him. That he can go back to whenever he wants to. Jihoon is probably the only person he felt like he wanted to lean on. Despite his age, which is a few months younger than Hyunsuk, he has been assuring Hyunsuk whenever he feels down. He has been there for Hyunsuk whenever he needs someone without even needing to tell him to. Hyunsuk wanted to open his heart for Jihoon, to be honest. He has been thinking of just accepting Jihoon to date him or something for quite a while now. But things just kept happening and he just couldn’t do it. But Jihoon. He never left. He has been waiting. And keep on waiting for him.

Hyunsuk decided to face this problem. He wanted to try to accept whatever outcome it would get. Sure. It’s still quite shocking when he gets to know the fact that he’s right. That someone who he’s close to is the one who tried to drag him down with a false accusation. But he feels like, if with Jihoon by his side, he might get over it well.

“I was wondering why you didn’t want to drink. It’s because you’re going to drive home, huh?” Minji, one of his managing directors asked.

“But it’s quite late already. Just book any hotel nearby using the company card. Our President allowed it,” Aron said.

“He’s right. You need to come to the company tomorrow morning too. Just stay at the hotel nearby,” Minji said. Hyunsuk looked at the time on his watch. It’s already past 2 am.

“I’ll just drive home now,” Hyunsuk said. “See you tomorrow. Get home safely,”

“You too,” they said. Hyunsuk walked toward the car that he parked at the basement of that building. He looked at his phone. After the phone call before the press conference, Jihoon has not text or called him anymore. Hyunsuk thought that the Alpha might be really busy practicing now since the reaction from the public is quite positive about the truth of the scandal. Hyunsuk searched for the video that Hongjoong posted earlier. It's already received a lot of engagement now. Hyunsuk watched the video. Hyunsuk couldn't believe that Hongjoong still has that video of him in middle school. “I looked really young here,”