15

"How is that possible, doctor?" Hyunsuk can clearly hear Dongwoo's voice. He's trying to open his eyes but somehow his eyelids feel heavy. So he just keeps his eyes shut while already gaining his consciousness. He couldn't remember what had happened earlier. The last thing he remembered is he walked away after the security took away the suspect of the heat terrorist. Everything that happened after that, it's somewhat cloudy. Did he faint? He knows that he's not at the company anymore. He's at the hospital considering the smell that greeted his nose as soon as he gained his consciousness. Hospital smell.

Talking about smell. He can smell something else. Something warm and comforting. It's probably the doctor giving him some medication for him, he didn't even know. Condition? Hyunsuk knows well that he's not sick today. But he couldn't remember what happened after he saw the suspect being taken away. If he fainted, he's probably sick or something. And now he just woke up but it's too hard to open his eyes. He just stays like that. Waiting for his body to gain more energy to move.

"Well. Looking at the record, it supposed not to happen. Like the one that Hyunsuk-nim got is one of the strongest ones. The amount of the drug being injected in his body is too little for him to get his heat induced by it," the doctor said. "For now. I can just make a conclusion that Hyunsuk-nim is probably stressed or under pressure. Is Hyunsuk-nim seeing anyone these days?”

“I-” Dongwoo didn’t continue his words. Hyunsuk wanted to look at what was actually happening right now but still. He couldn’t even open his eyes.

“Then. Will you come with me for a moment?” the doctor said. Hyunsuk can hear footsteps stepping away. The calming scent slowly gets lesser around him. It makes Hyunsuk hard to breathe. He just remembered where he smelled the scent. It's Park Jihoon's.

“Park Jihoon,” Hyunsuk opened his eyes. He tried to catch his breath. Didn’t he already wake up earlier? But why did he feel like he just woke up now and feel like he just had a nightmare or something.

“Oh? You’re finally awake,” Hyunsuk can hear Dongwoo’s voice. He turned to the door. They get him a private room, he sees. Dongwoo walked toward him and sat right next to him. “How’s your body?”

“What happened?” Hyunsuk asked.

“I feel like it should be me who asked that but well. It’s not like you can tell anyway,” Dongwoo said. “After you called me telling that you caught the suspect, you got your heat. You only calmed down after you got injected with the suppressant,”

“I did?” Hyunsuk asked.

“You told me that you’re fine. You didn’t know how worried I was when I got a call informing you that you got your heat. It will be bad if you suddenly paired with some random Alpha. It can be a big scandal, you know?” Dongwoo said.

“I was fine after I called you. But after they took the suspect away, I couldn’t remember a thing,” Hyunsuk said. But Dongwoo said that he got his heat. Hyunsuk quickly touched his nape.

“I’ve told you that it will be bad if you are suddenly paired with some random Alpha. Good thing that you didn’t pair with anyone and the one who was with you is not some random Alpha. So we can save our time to do some formalities thingy,” Dongwoo said.

“I was with an Alpha?” Hyunsuk asked.

“Yes. A very nice Alpha,” Dongwoo said. “At least, he tried his best not to get affected with your pheromones. You should thank him later,”

“Who’s he?” Hyunsuk asked. Suddenly someone knocked on the door.

“Who’s it?” Dongwoo asked.