01

“And he said that I’m too independent for him. Can you believe it?” Hyunsuk asked. Jeongwoo blinked a few times. He couldn’t believe what he has been hearing from the older Omega for the past few minutes. When Hyunsuk asked him out for a drink, he thought that he’s going to discuss work. But he was wrong. It’s not the first time Hyusuk ever called him to talk about his personal life and problems but it has been quite a while since the last time the older guy has been doing so. “Why are you not saying anything?”

“No. Nothing. I just didn’t think that you’re going to talk about these things,” Jeongwoo said.

“Yeah. I was planning to talk to Haruto about it but he’s too busy with all of his promotions and couldn’t even spend any time with me,” Hyunsuk complained. “And it’s only you left now. I have no one else to talk about it to,”

“Alright. Alright,” Jeongwoo said. Hyunsuk rolled his eyes before he poured the soju into his glass and chugged it down. Jeongwoo took the bottle when he saw Hyunsuk was going to pour more and pour it into the older Omega’s glass. “So… Which guy is it now?”

“There’s some Alpha who’s a PT at the gym. I think you knew him too. I don’t want to even pronounce his name now. We have been in a relationship for 6 months. And it’s going to be our 7th month since the day I first met him and talked to him. I decided to ask him out because I quite like him. And I feel like we’re matched well too. But do you know what he said to me?” Hyunsuk asked. “He said that I’m too independent for him. He said that even though I am an Omega but I took care of myself so well that he feels like I don't even need him in my life. Like? What the hell?”

“Ah.. That PT guy,” Jeongwoo nodded. No wonder Hyunsuk, who doesn’t really enjoy working out, suddenly visits the gym quite frequently. Jeongwoo knows which Personal Trainer that Hyunsuk is talking about because he did see the two of them being together a few times already when he’s at the gym or at the company. It’s not even shocking. “I really thought that you already went out with that PT guy,”

“I’m not, obviously. You know that I’ll try to review our compatibility for about 7 months before I go into any relationship. 7 is my lucky number and I take pride in that too,” Hyunsuk said proudly. He even used that number as his nom de plume for his producing music works; 7chill. “But he just said that he’ll appreciate it if we could stay as friends. Can you believe it? And what the hell with the ‘you are too independent to me’ shit? What is he expecting? Me being all weak and clingy to him or what?”

“Here,” Jeongwoo poured more soju into his hyung’s glass. Jeongwoo is actually a soloist from the same company as Hyunsuk. Hyunsuk produced and composed his debut song and they have gotten closer since then.

Jeongwoo has been listening to Hyunsuk’s complaints for years. Since he met Hyunsuk a few years ago, the Omega never shut up about wanting a partner, wanting a pair and such. He keeps on looking for someone that he can get in a relationship with anytime he gets a chance to. Hyunsuk just couldn’t stand being alone, with no romance or relationships in his life. That’s how Jeongwoo views Hyunsuk.

At the same time, Hyunsuk is the most independent Omega he has ever met. He really did take care of himself well. Jeongwoo never heard that Hyunsuk accidentally got his heat or triggered anyone’s rut since the first time he met him. Even Jeongwoo himself, who is an Alpha, never smelled Hyunsuk’s pheromones. That’s how particular Hyunsuk is to himself. Being an Omega in this industry is challenging. But Hyunsuk has been very careful on every thing he did and never got into any trouble despite being an Omega.

Jeongwoo can totally understand why the PT guy he’s talking about said that. Hyunsuk is too independent. Because it is true. Hyunsuk doesn’t really need anyone in his life for him to keep going. He probably just needs someone to complete his heart or something. Just something to make him feel complete, you know? But for most Alpha, they want their Omega to be more dependent on them. If not, they’ll feel like they’re useless. Hyunsuk doesn't even want to act like he needs someone to depend on. He’s more showing that he can be depended on; even more than the Alpha he’s trying to date.