21

Hyunsuk opened his eyes. Somehow, he felt like he didn't want to do anything. Should he just not get out of his bed? He took his phone that he put on the small table beside the bed. There's a lot of new messages but none of them seem like they need an urgent reply. Hyunsuk just decided not to open any of the messages. He opened the scheduler to look at his schedule. It seems like he only has a meeting with other composers at the company for today. The scandal about him plagiarizing some songs hasn't settled yet. The company tried to keep Hyunsuk away from the media attention as much as they could. That's why his schedule is not as packed as it used to be.

Hyunsuk put back his phone on the table. He looked at the ceiling. He blinked. Once. Twice. And a few more times.

“It's too calm,” he muttered.

Hyunsuk got up and went to the bathroom. He took a shower and changed. He went out to the kitchen and looked at the stuff that he could cook. Even though he can come up with a few ideas on what meal to cook, he didn't feel like it. He's not that hungry either. He just feels lazy to do anything. Hyunsuk walked out from the kitchen when he got a call. It's from Jihoon. Hyunsuk stares at his phone screen for a few seconds. Wondering if he should answer the call or not. But after a few seconds, he just touched the green icon.

“Hm?”

“Oh! You’re up already, hyung?” Jihoon asked at the end of the line.

“For like an hour already,” Hyunsuk answered.

“Have you eaten your breakfast?” Jihoon asked.

“I’m going to,” Hyunsuk said.

“What are you going to eat?” Jihoon asked again.

“What's the purpose of this call?” Hyunsuk asked.

“I.. I just wanted to hear your voice. I didn't expect that you're going to answer anyway. I was trying. But after you answer it, my brain just goes blank,” Jihoon said. “Just hearing your voice make me couldn't think about anything anymore,”

“You're just being over,” Hyunsuk giggled. “What are you doing? You're not slacking off, aren't you? Remember that you're the leader. You should give your members a good example,”

“I’m not slacking off or anything. And I am giving a good example for my members. Even though I didn't even know what they are currently doing. They should have independent practice sessions while Junghwan went to school,” Jihoon said.

“Then? Go and find them. Make them practice or something,” Hyunsuk said.

“I wish I could,” Jihoon said. “But I’m not at the company,”

“Why are you not at the company? Didn't you tell me that you should have an independent practice session?” Hyunsuk asked.

“It is only applicable for Junkyu, Jaehyuk and Doyoung. Junghwan needs to go to school while I have a separate schedule,” Jihoon said.

“Separate?”

“Yeah. You know the variety show that I filmed a few months ago?” Jihoon asked.

“The one that Yook PD produces, right? Housemate?” Hyunsuk asked for confirmation.

“Yes. That one,” Jihoon said excitedly. Hyunsuk secretly let out a small laugh because he can definitely picture what Jihoon looked like while he said that. “The pilot episode of that show will be tonight. So they are holding a press conference today,”

“Press conference? All of the cast will be there as well?” Hyunsuk asked.

“Yes. All 16 of the casts will be here. I’m currently waiting for it. Our stylish nuna just left after getting my makeup and hair ready,” Jihoon said. “Usually I’m sharing this waiting room with someone. But today, I’m alone. I don't know. It just feels weird. I just want to talk to someone,”