26

“Do you guys know why I called for a meeting today?” Mr Kwon asked. All 5 members of T5 are in the meeting room together with the management team of the group. Mr Kwon turned to Jihoon who’s sitting on his left side. Noticing that the president of their company is looking at him, Jihoon looked at him. Mr Kwon seems to be demanding an answer from him.

“It’s probably the same reason for the rest of our schedule being canceled yesterday,” Jihoon said. That’s the closest thing that he can think of. And the safest answer.

“I’m pretty sure you know more about it, don’t you?” Mr Kwon asked.

“I’m sorry?”

“As we know. Your comeback has been pushed back because of a scandal involving the main producer of your comeback. The producer, composer of your title track and 2 more songs in your upcoming album,” Mr Kwon said. “After the scandal got out, we had a meeting with Mr 7Chill’s label. They are totally confident that Mr 7Chill has not done anything as per the claims and has everything to make sure this issue can be settled. And after some more discussion, we have decided to push you comeback to an unknown date,”

“However, Mr 7Chill’s label, Rainbow Cloud, has contacted us earlier this week that their legal department is currently working on settling this matter by law as the issue is getting out of hand,” Mr Song said.

“Right. Rainbow Cloud is planning to hold a press conference to address the said issue. That’s after getting all the facts in check and making sure that their talent is in the best health and shape to face the possibility of harsh interviews from the journalists and reporters,” Mr Kwon said. “The outcome of the press conference will be analyze to decide on your comeback release date,”

“Is this why Hyunsuk hyung went to see you yesterday?” Doyoung whispered when they started to discuss the planning of the promotion. Jihoon just nodded. The meeting went for about 4 hours. Discussing the promotion plans, appearances and individual promotion. Everything will be decided after seeing the response from the public regarding 7Chill’s plagiarism scandal’s press conference.

“You’re worried about Hyunsuk hyung?” Junkyu asked after they finished their meeting.

“Hm,” Jihoon hummed. “He went to see the person who uploaded that post. And it was someone who he’s quite close with years ago. Hyunsuk hyung. He always showed that he’s all strong. But how can you be as strong when someone who you didn’t expect will stab you from behind without you even knowing why they did it? You know. That person. He is just jealous that Hyunsuk hyung is getting all of the spotlights and specifically chose this time around to post it. Because he feel like it will bring Hyunsuk hyung and his career down after being announce to be the main producer of our comeback,”

“It’s probably because he wanted to be strong,” Junkyu said.

“Huh?”

“You just asked how can he be strong when someone he didn’t expect will stab him from behind without even knowing what he did that made that person do what he did, didn’t you? I’m telling you. It’s probably because he wanted to be strong. He wanted to protect someone. That’s why he wanted to be even stronger,” Junkyu said. “It’s probably mentally draining for him. But he has no other choice but to face it. However, having someone that he need to protect, will make him try to be even stronger,”

“Protect, huh?”

“The same as you. Remember months ago, you almost wanted to quit,” Junkyu said.

“When did I say that?” Jihoon asked, almost stuttering because he remembered not telling anyone about it other than Hyunsuk.

“We’ve known each other for years, Jihoon-ah. I can tell. And the way you talk. I just can tell that the incident where that so-called fan calling out for being common affects you a lot. I’m glad that you met Hyunsuk hyung during that point of your life. It makes you want to work even harder, right?” Junkyu asked.