13

"Wait! Park Jihoon? Which Park Jihoon?" Hyunsuk asked after he heard that name came out from Song Mino's mouth. He was called for an meeting with Song Mino regarding the song that Mino asked him to finish so that he can use it as one of the OST for an upcoming drama that's going to start it filming by this month. Hyunsuk didn't know why he acted like that when he heard that name. It's a very common name and there's plenty of people in this industry with that name.

"The one that's been the hot topic these days. T5 Park Jihoon," Song Mino said.

"Why him?"

"When I hear your demo I feel like his voice will suit that song very well. Well. Maybe because I've been watching shows with him guesting on for the past few days, that's why I can hear his voice singing this song. I asked my team as well. I don't want to be biased just because it's my preference. And they also said that his voice will suit this song and the vibe of this drama. I didn't even mention his name yet when I did the meeting with my team," Song Mino said. "I've sent the request to his company and they'll revert to us by today's evening. So, I just want you to know about our first choice,"

"I see," Hyunsuk nodded. Somehow, he felt happy hearing that. Someone actually acknowledged Jihoon. Wait?! He's happy about that? Like why? Maybe because he sees with his own eyes how hard Jihoon has been working to get the acknowledgement. He wasted no time and grabbed all the opportunity that came toward him. He took it all and tried so hard to appeal himself and his team to the public.

It's true that he gave Jihoon that condition because he know that it's impossible for Jihoon to reach it. Not because the Alpha didn't have the talent. But it's how the industry worked. Even if you're very talented, there's no guarantee that you'll survive. There are a lot of things to be taken into count as well. Luck, influence, relationship, money, time. Everything need to be right at the right time. Everyone in this industry is desperate. Hyunsuk himself know how hard it was.

If we ever want something, there's something we need to sacrifice. For Hyunsuk, his youth. His high school days. He dropped out of high school just to make music. He's quite lucky that he's taken into a quite well known company but for him to make his name being known in this industry, it's a long and hard journey. There are times he feels like it will be better if he gives up and lives a normal life. Going to college, hanging out with friends and such. But he loves music so much, it didn't let him quit just like that.

As for Jihoon, it was probably the right time for him to rise into stardome. Who would ever think a simple clip of Jihoon telling the story of him getting hit by someone's shoe would gain that much attention. That simple clip easily gets viral and Jihoon's name is suddenly being talked about in town. It was his chance to get even more. And he has to sacrifice something as well to get it done right. His time to rest. He has to sacrifice his time.

While he gets all the hype, he has to keep the hype up. There are many shows and productions reaching out for Jihoon because he's currently in demand. But something that makes Hyunsuk proud of Jihoon is that he hasn't changed. His popularity is definitely surpassing his members but the way he acted hasn't changed. He's still the same Park Jihoon as he was before he got all this attention.

Talking about attention, Hyunsuk just realized that Jihoon has been acting weirdly these days. He hasn't tried so hard to get Hyunsuk's attention these days. It has been a week since he didn't suddenly appear at his studio or condominium. Maybe the Alpha already gave up. Maybe it's tiring to keep pursuing him. Having his schedule packed like that will surely make Jihoon's body exhausted. Maybe he tried not to burden his mind with silly things like trying to get Hyunsuk who clearly showed that he didn't want Park Jihoon to date him. It's for the best, Hyunsuk guessed.

"What is on your mind?" Mino asked.

"Hm?"

"You look like you have a lot in your mind," Mino said.