Chapter 27

Author's POV.

Finally Nandani was all set to join the company again . Avoiding the fact Manik didn't wanted her to work so earlier as he wanted her to take rest .

But she was adamant on her decision to join the company. So she came back . But something was changed in the air as she entered in the company.

She can feel it something is changed. But she can't see what changed. Shrugging her shoulders she made her way to her cabin .

And there she was greeted by her friends Cabir, Navya and Aman . All were standing there holding bouquets for her .

Aman can chirping happily and greeted her and gave the bouquet saying "Welcome back Nandu. We really missed you here . I hope you are fine now."

She nodded her head with a smile . Then after Navya and Cabir also passed the bouquet to her hugging her Navya said "Good to see again Nandu."

Cabir also said "If you need any help feel free to tell me " .

Seeing so much affection she got tears in her eyes and she said "Thank you so much all of you. And yes I'm fine now." She smiled .

They chatted for few and all of them left .  She placed the bouquets on her desk and She began doing her work .

After a while her telecom ringed and she left her cabin to Manik's.

She knocked and made her way inside after getting his response.

He was working on some files when he sensed her presence he lifted his head and looked at her . And checked if she was okay or not.

"You fine now Ms. Murthy?" He asked her .

"Ya sir I'm absolutely fine and thank you also for saving me " she said genuinely smiling .

He nodded and was busy watching her only . He was not lifting his eyes away from and she was not ready to break the eye contact.

She can finally see him after so many days . Both were looking at each other as they were yearning for each other it can seen in their eyes .

What seems like eternity Nandani cleared her throat and grabbed his attention which he quickly averted his gaze and started coughing.

"You called me sir for something?" Nandani breaked the awkward silence. 

Manik thinked a little and said "Ya I have told you about the traitor to find.  Have you checked it??"

"Yes sir I'm trying my best I have already told the team to check everyone's bank details and all of things . At the end of the day it will be infront of you " she said in one go .

Manik gave a curt nod and signalled her that she can leave .

She turned and walked a little. But  felt little dazy and stumbled a little. She tripped on her foot and was going to fall but Manik ran to her and held her in his arms .

He placed her on the beside couch and patted her cheeks saying "Nandani?? You alright??"

"Y...ya I... I'm fine " she mumbled a little .

"I told you na ? To take rest. Why can't you listen to me for once??" He raised his voice a little .

She looked into his eyes and can see some concern for her in those orbs which was so mesmerizingly beautiful.

"I don't feel okay alone in my home . And what will I do all day ??" She said looking directly to his eyes .

He sighed knowing very well how someone feel alone when there were no one for them when they need someone, can rely someone , to cry on someone's shoulder.