Chapter 8

AUTHOR'S. POV .

She runs towards his cabin and she shouted. "Don't Manik don't touch that letter."

Manik was little stunned the way she said and turned towards her as she was panting heavily trying to take deep breath .

He said "What is this behaviour Ms. Murthy? How can you just shout at me and how can you call me by actual name? "

"Umm ... Actu- Actually sir I was just saying that don't touch that letter" Nandani said stuttering.

Manik turned back and saw a letter in his desk he frowned and asked" what letter is this?"

"Nothing important sir ., Actually that was my letter but by mistake I placed this in your desk . I'm sorry sir" Nandani lied .

"Aiyappa please help me to come out from this situation, I promise from now I'll not jump on the conclusion directly" she said in her mind.

"What type of letter is this Ms. Murthy ? I want to know " he said in a demanding tone .

"O-oo-ooh sir it's nothing special, I told you na it was some list of some groceries for my house" she said whatever comes in her mouth not knowing what is she actually saying . Manik looked at her suspiciously.

He moved towards the letter and he was going to pick up that letter . But Nandani ran towards him and snatched the letter from his hand and hide it behind her . Manik was Little taken aback.

"I want to see that list , give it to me " Manik said to her trying to take letter from her hands .

"N- No sir you can't just see that , this is my personal letter , then how can you invade my privacy like this?" She said to him stuttering.

Manik was taking steps towards her and she was taking steps backwards, her heart was beating rapidly the way Manik was looking at her, there eyes locked . Nandani walked until her back touched the wall and Manik was extremely close to her face and they were only inches apart Nandani was taking deep breath calming herself, trying to break the eye contact with him she averted her gaze but Manik touched her chin with his index finger and make her look towards him , Nandani was trying to look confident she was not ready to let him know that he is still affecting him . But there close proximity was not helping her . She gupled down from her throat.

"Nandani would tell me about this letter?" Manik said directly looking towards her eyes . Their eyes was not ready to leave each other before he take letter from her hand she just tore it and threw it in the dustbin . Manik was shocked a little but he composed himself .

"What was that Nandani?" He sounded little angry.

Nandani was trying to form her words but she was not able to think properly at that moment.

"I'm sorry sir for the behaviour, it will not happen from now onwards " she said and left from the cabin she stood outside the cabin for sometimes taking deep breath , thinking about their little interaction.

The flashbacks was going on her mind "why are you messing with my mind Manik ?" She mumbled and left from there

Manik stood there watching her leaving his cabin and he look towards the dustbin where she threw that letter . He thought for sometimes.

The paper that Nandani tore away and threw it in the dustbin Manik took the dustbin and take it out from the dustbin and placed it accordingly and pasted it with tape . He was little happy about his sharp mind and started reading it .

Resignation letter

To the CEO
Malhotra Industries

I would like to inform you sir that I want to resign from this company as I'll not be able to work in this nature of the company. It has been very exhausting for me to work here and the boss's behaviour is also not good towards the employees. He is always in a bad mood and give cold shoulders to everyone. He don't have any emotions. He Always try to think about himself. He is clearly a selfish person, rude , sadist . I'll not tolerate his behaviour now . So it will be better if I resign from this position.

Your sincerely

Nandani Murthy.

After reading the letter a small smile crept on his face ..

(Ahm.... Manik Malhotra finally smiled. )

He thought about something and again tore the letter and threw it in the dustbin. He then thought about Aman.

"I need to face him today or tomorrow because of the stunt I pulled today" he said in his mind .

After this both of them didn't interact with each other .

Nanadni was avoiding him due to the interaction between them she was little embarrassed the way she react towards him from there close proximity.

Manik was avoiding her due to that letter of her. He was thinking about her the whole time and the letter .

*********

Nandani reached her home , she changed her clothes and make dinner for herself and after eating she sat on the couch and doing some works . And it hit her in the mind .

"Ok so Now Aman sir is the CEO . So I don't have to interact with Manik ,.... I have to contact him if I'll be his PA or will I have to resign the position. " She told to herself . She thought to call Aman but she was not sure because after the meeting with the Singhania's Aman left from there and didn't return to office. She was little worried for him . She tried to call him but he was not picking up the call , she tried alot but still he didn't pick up . She sigh and thought to talk to him tomorrow. He must have been Little tired and worried whatever happened today.. today was the real hectic day she took a deep breath and drift off to sleep ...

On the other side.

Manik was really tensed Aman have not come home till now and the time was 2am . He was really worried about him , he was not picking up the calls he told his bodyguard to find him but they are also not able to find him . He was very worried if anything happened to him . "I should have talked to him about this matter first. "
He said in his mind . .

He was pacing around the hall and impatiently waiting for him . He didn't sleep. He was pacing around the whole night . And in the morning

The door of the house open...

Instagram:- @mushk_writes_

______________________________________

To be continued..

Please vote and comments your thought about this chapter.