31 | In Your Feelings

📍St

📍St. James, Jamaica | Montego Bay

A Few Days Later | Wednesday, September 7th

2 PM

"Are you sure you submitted a reservation?" I ask for what seems like the millionth time.

Cause me nah see nutt'n inna dah system yah.

"Yes, are you just not looking correctly? Because I know that I did" she retorts, her English accent stronger than ever.

Elizabeth need fi calm dung herself.

Muma nah see di pree.

Her skin becomes increasingly flushed with every word, and I can tell she's beginning to grow impatient.

Look pon di big ugly tomato.

We've been going back and forth for the past five minutes, she swears she has a reservation, and me swear seh she doh have one.

One a we wrong, and anuh me.

"I am sure I am looking correctly," I say in a sarcastic tone, shooting her an equally derisive smile.

"Cah me know me anuh wah blasted fool..." I mutter under my breath.

She cyaa find someweh else fi nyam?

It made no sense for us to continue to run around in circles, the lunch rush was at an all-time high, and she was holding up the growing line that was gathering behind her.

Dem need fi kick her out.

"Can you call your manager out here? I would like to speak to someone else" she sneers, pointing her nose toward the sky.

Me will wring it off enuh...

This was one of the major downsides of working in tourism, when dem come a Jamaica dem love treat di staff pon di resorts all kinda way.

Di whole lot a dem love disrespect people pickney.

Hate dem eesi.

"Of course, I'll get my manager"

"She aguh tell yuh di some bloodclaat ting, but if that's what you want" I trial off, ensuring to decrease the volume of my voice.

She lucky me need di likkle money.

Right now me feel fi grab her by di two piece a hair pon her head, and swing her round dis fucking place.

But me aguh choose peace.

I step away from the hostess table, glancing behind her at the crowd, groaning as I thought about all I would have to do once I handled her.

Look how Elizabeth aguh mek me open up mi market mouth.