25 | Rivalry

📍Hanover, Jamaica | Negril

A Few Days Later | Sunday, August 21st

4 PM

No matter how much my father may judge my mother for what we all refer to as her "uptown ways", Gabriel has never shied away from participating in her antics.

Especially not when his money was on the line.

Ginnal through and through.

He can be even more bourgeois than she, and that is a fact.

"Black tie, or black bowtie?" he asks me, holding up both options.

"Bowtie, it's a gala-type event, right?" I ask, and he nods his head to confirm.

Our third one for the year.

It was tradition for our entire family to attend these hotel galas across the island.

It was good promotion for my dad's real estate business; even more so, it was a great opportunity for my mother to continue to uphold the reputation she so desperately held on to.

A win-win for them, and a night of free food and alcohol for us children.

Cyaa complain bout dat.

"Yeah, then definitely bowtie. It makes you look like money" I tell him, patting him on his shoulder as he smiles.

A dat him love hear.

I walk towards the living area of his and my mother's shared hotel room, scanning the scene for my missing purse.

Chro bombo.

I had brought it up from my hotel room earlier, and it's been missing for the past twenty minutes.

Dior is not an easy purchase, so dis bag betta show up sooner rather than later.

"Mommy?" I call out, elevating my voice so it can be heard throughout the entire space.

"In the bathroom" she replies, and I follow the sound of her voice.

My eyes landed on her small frame immediately, and I was at a complete loss for words at how beautiful she looked in her evening attire.

What a woman pretty.

Celine may not always have the best attitude, but she will always be the best dressed.

Gabriel is a very lucky man.

"You like it?" she asks, referring to her dress, her hand flowing gently over the satin material.

"I love it, you look very beautiful Mommy" I reply with a smile, walking over and leaving a small kiss on her cheek.