19 | Pity Party (Part II)

📍 Manchester, Jamaica | Newport

Same Day | Saturday, August 6th

4:30 PM

You know those moments when you feel out of your own body?

It's like you're watching your life happen from the sidelines, a mere bystander.

You're rooting for the protagonist, and wishing the worst for the antagonist.

Yeah, those moments.

This was one of those.

Dis show weh mi ah watch nuh nice, at all, at all.

"Why yah act suh shy babes? Like yuh lose yuh tongue" Samir questions, leading us through the thick crowd that had begun to develop.

I can barely make out his voice, the sounds coming from the speakers, and the people around us overpowering him.

How many people did Sarai invite?

Not even have room fi stand up inna dis.

His grip is tight on my arm, so I can't even pull away or try to retreat.

"Anuh dat..." I reply meekly, pressing my body up close againts his, hoping to block my identity from my brothers.

"Maybe this just isn't a good time for you guys to meet, there's already a lot happening right now" I say in a fright, hoping I can talk him out of this.

Before I can even get another word out, we come to a complete stop.

I peek my head around Samir's body and immediately make eye contact with Alex, then Maxe.

Retreat!

Retreat!

SOS

They both shoot me confused looks, and I disregard them quickly, trying to avoid locking eyes with Cyrus whose gaze seems to be set on another gentleman with them.

Fucking hell!

"How yuh reach yasso big man? Mi know Sarai neva invite yuh" Samir asks the mystery man.

How yuh know him?

Matter of fact, why should anyone know anyone?

Let's all go back to being strangers.

His question seems to pique the interest of everyone, and soon I resolve to place my eyes on the ground below us, too anxious and far too in distress to focus my attention elsewhere.

"We nuh haffi do dis here Samir, especially not in front ah company" the man replies, his voice coming out in a sort of panic.

Dear God...