37 | Leave This World Alive

📍Manchester, Jamaica | Blenheim

The Next Day | Sunday, October 2nd

11 PM

Funny enough, despite my job occupation, I wasn't a fan of seeing blood.

It made me sick.

Making my actions up until that point feel all too real.

It made me feel guilty.

Knowing that I felt called to take someone's life, play God.

I avoided it as much as possible, I was fair, amicable even, always trying to find a solution that wouldn't end in bloodshed.

I knew these men had families, girlfriends, wives, baby mothers, mothers, sisters, and children who depended on them.

Who was I to take food off people's tables?

Eliminate their providers?

It didn't feel right...

But when I was pushed to protect myself, and those who I loved, I had no problem overlooking that.

I'd rather it be someone else's family crying instead of mine.

People always find themselves pushing their morality when their backs up againts the wall.

The things you normally "wouldn't do", become your only option for survival.

Kill or be killed.

Wiping off the barrel of my gun, pushing both the bloodstained handkerchief and gun into the inner pocket of my bomber jacket.

Adjusting my ski mask so that I wouldn't slip off my face, revealing my identity.

I look down at the body in front of me, lying there on the stone-cold concrete floor of the warehouse.

Lifeless.

This was the fourth person I'd killed tonight, and I wasn't proud of it.

It made me feel uncomfortable with myself.

Earlier today I'd received the drop on their location, the men who'd made it their job to terrorize me for the past few weeks.

Fucka dem.

You'd think with all the effort they'd gone through, I wouldn't have taken them out as easily as I did.

Rookies trying to play top dog.

Sad.

Me?

A one-man job, eradicated four people by myself.

A bad me bad.

But there was still more work to do, I hadn't been able to find their leader, but with a massacre like this, the news would travel up the food chain fast enough.