四十

🎵심규선 - soulmate

Being next to your childhood friend's grave, you spend some time alone with a heavy head full of thoughts--Your fingers picking at the grass that was starting to grow around it

Being next to your childhood friend's grave, you spend some time alone with a heavy head full of thoughts--Your fingers picking at the grass that was starting to grow around it. As you get older, the fact that you rarely do any physical exercise over the past few years, it makes it difficult for you to stay in a squatting position. It's not just the calves that feel tight, the back also feels sore.

"Gosh, Lord have mercy." You groaned as you sit on the ground leaning against Seungcheol's tombstone.

Too lazy to move from your spot, you stretched an arm out trying to reach for a bottle you brought specifically for him--it was his favorite type of alcohol drink. You placed it right in front of his tombstone, a small smile shows up as you do so.

"I guess no one's going to scold you for drinking too much now, huh." You murmured while looking up at the bright blue sky.

For a moment only the sounds of nature could be heard. The soft chirping of birds, the trees rustling together, the gentle wind blowing, and also the faint sound of waves crashing in the distance.

While taking a sip from another bottle you were carrying, you accidentally spilled it down your neck and chest. Reflectively you used the sleeve of your robe to wipe the remaining fluid off your chest, hand brushing against the key necklace as you did so.

Your fingers grazed across it softly, a deep sigh follows.

"If anyone knows something about my father that I don't, it's probably you." You muttered softly while shifting your eyes to the tombstone, reading the name of Choi Seungcheol written on it, "What should I do, Cheol-ah." Another deep sigh slips out.

For the past three days, you haven't been able to sleep well. Every night when you finally had some time to yourself, you spent the whole time thinking--trying to remember anything you could remember about your father's belongings. The result is the same, you've never seen him with such key like that.

"There you are." A voice called from your left.

"Jisoo-nim." You smiled.

He was with Dokyeom when they both joined you. Jisoo placed a bouquet of flowers while Dokyeom placed a bowl of fruit as a sign of respect for their friend. They both also placed their hands together in prayer for a moment before sitting on the ground with you. They had only returned the night before, immediately after Yoon Jeonghan's execution was completed.

"How was the...uh, you know." The word execution wasn't an easy word for you to utter.

"You don't need to know about that. Ease up your mind, okay?" Jisoo patted the back of your head gently.

"What are you doing here alone by the way? Where's your man?" Dokyeom asked while stretching his sore arms.

"He's at the clinic with Seungkwan now." Then you quickly added when Dokyeom showed a concerned face, "No, no, he's not injured. He's just completely engrossed in the many medical herbs we received from the travelers."