三十一

🎵 화월(火越)

Land separated by sea, united again by the sky

Land separated by sea, united again by the sky. Under the same sky, the story of human life continues, racing against time. Love and hatred, compersion and jealousy. When one is in romance, the other languishes.

Love is often said to blind people. However, people often forget that there is something much more blinding, namely jealousy. A heart that is corrupted by jealousy will eventually be eaten away by envy, which will then lead to a loss of compassion.

As dark as the night sky, as dark as the direction of two people running in the middle of the forest--rushing to leave the palace. Facing attacks that could come at any time from any direction, they must always be alert to guard each other's back. It cannot be denied that it feels horrifying when suddenly a weapon attacked them right next to their head or arm.

"Get down!" Jisoo screamed when he saw a shadow of a person on their right. Sure enough, in only a split of a second after that an arrow shot past Dokyeom.

Still in a crouched position, Dokyeom took an arrow from his back then turned to the direction where the shadow was moving. The bow shot so fast that it produced the sound of splitting wind.

"Who the hell are these people--" Jisoo turned his head quickly when he heard another faint footsteps.

"Stay focused." Dokyeom carefully walked closer after hearing a thud on the ground--a sign that the person who attacked him had fallen after being shot by the arrow.

Even though the person was an enemy, Dokyeom made sure he didn't treat a human body like trash, he squatted down next to the lifeless man, observing the clothes he was wearing. Jisoo took the arrows as additional supplies and then put them in Dokyeom's quiver. He then joins Dokyeom, being always kind enough to closed that man's wide opened eyes.

Dokyeom found nothing wrong with the front part of that man's body, carefully he rolled him over to check his back. From the neck part, Dokyeom pulled the cloth lower to reveal the back of that man's shoulders.

"Ah, shit." Dokyeom cursed under his breath after he saw the sun pierced by a sword tattoo on that man's back, "Those robbers."

Jisoo's worried face turned pale after seeing the tattoo. He urges Dokyeom to continue their journey at a hasty pace.

"What's wrong?" Dokyeom asked between heavy breaths.

"We need to find His Majesty as soon as we can." Jisoo looked to his left and right once in a time to make sure no one's following them.

"We're doing that right now but at least tell me what's on your mind, you're getting pale."

When Jisoo didn't show any sign of stopping, Dokyeom grabbed his right shoulder. They both stopped simultaneously looked at each other.

"I--" Jisoo ruffled his hair in great desperation, "Fuck, I should've remembered it was the robber's tattoo. I'm an idiot! Damn--"

Seeing Jisoo in such a state made Dokyeom start to feel desperate too, "What do you mean? What the hell happened?"