十一

🎵 야화

Hurried footsteps echoed through the hallway, followed by a loud bang from the door as Mingyu forced it open

Hurried footsteps echoed through the hallway, followed by a loud bang from the door as Mingyu forced it open. Inside, Seungkwan was brewing medicine--actually, he almost got mad at the sudden loud noise, but then his eyes widened at the sight of Mingyu holding the beaten woman in his arms.

Beads of sweat formed on Mingyu's forehead, his chest rising and falling trying to catch his breath when he came in and casually set you down on the empty bed--which Seungkwan didn't protest.

"What the hell is going on here? Who is this?" Seungkwan gently turned your body onto your side to check your injured back, he asked Mingyu to hold your hips so you wouldn't lie on your back.

"Shit, I left the ointment you gave me." Mingyu cursed while patting his chest and hips, "Do you have medicine-- or ointme-- whatever, ANYTHING to treat her?"

Hearing this, Seungkwan remembered the woman Mingyu mentioned before, he guessed that the woman must be the same woman he saw lying unconscious right in front of his eyes.

Mingyu watched Seungkwan bring a bucket of clean water, cloth, and also a small knife. Seungkwan soaked the cloth in water for a moment before he brought the knife to your back, about to cut your clothes to reveal your back.

"Whoa-- Wait, what are you doing?" Mingyu hurriedly asked, grabbing Seungkwan's wrist with a slight pink on his cheeks.

"What do you think I'm doing?" Seungkwan covered your front body with a thin blanket, "Hold this. I need to see her back fully."

Once Seungkwan removed the torn cloth of your clothes from your back, he squeezed the water out of the clean cloth he had soaked earlier. Gently, he cleans your wound to remove dry blood and dirt. Mingyu on the other hand, even though he felt embarrassed to look at a woman's bare back, he couldn't take his eyes off your wound.

Purplish blue bruises that bleeds indicate how hard the impact you received. To produce such bruises, it would take around seventy to one hundred beatings with a large stick. When he saw your fingers curled up in pain, all he could do was clench his palms tightly, digging his nails into his flesh.

"Don't worry, this won't kill her. But still, how did she get such terrible bruises like this?" Seungkwan took another type of ointment in a larger jar, he made sure to apply as little pressure as possible as he applied it onto your back.

"That's what I'm trying to find out." Mingyu's face still look stiff even after your tense face slowly loosened once Seungkwan finished applying the ointment.

"Gently." Seungkwan said after he finished as Mingyu laid you gently on your back.

Seungkwan noticed Mingyu wasn't in the mood for questions, so he just kept quiet as he continued his work. The silence felt so tense that Seungkwan--as someone who often joked with Mingyu--didn't have the courage to say anything before the Crown Prince spoke first.