三十二

🎵 gesture of resistance

Sitting alone in his room was Wonwoo

Sitting alone in his room was Wonwoo. With his legs crossed, he sat on the warm wooden floor while staring at the dual swords he used to carry around when he was younger.

For the umpteenth time he took a deep breath, occasionally massaging his sore shoulders. His wife, Jinyi, had reminded him not to skip meals several times. Even though he kept saying yes and telling her not to worry, the plate of untouched food was still on his right side.

The letter he received a few weeks ago made it difficult for him to sleep. There was no name written on it--just a worn coin that came with it. What bothered him the most was how the unknown person contacted him. Who else knows about Goguryeo, and who else knows about him.

As he was deep in thought, the loud sound of the door suddenly opening startled him. He quickly cast his gaze towards the door, only to find Jinyi panting.

"Woo-nim!" She called.

"Jinyi-- What's wrong?" He looked very worried as he approached his wife, "Are you okay? What happened?"

Jinyi put her hand on top of Wonwoo's while stroking his cheek, "You should come to the harbor now..!" She exclaimed.

Wonwoo tilted his head slightly, a bit confused as to why she sounded rushed but also seemed excited at the same time. Without asking further, he decided to go to the harbor—hand in hand with Jinyi.

Seeing the ruler of the land walking with hasty steps certainly aroused the curiosity of the local people. From two three people who followed him, he ended up with dozens of them.

"Can't you tell me what happened there? We are making our people worry." Wonwoo pulled Jinyi closer to whisper to her.

"A little bit more." Her smile was very wide when she answered.

At the port, as usual if there was any unknown boat, the people of Goguryeo wouldn't let them in until they got Wonwoo's approval. Taewoong had just come home from fishing when he happened to pass by. His height made it easy for him to see through the crowd and notice familiar faces.

"Oh--" He blinked.

"Taewoong!"

Taewoong's attention was stolen by Wonwoo's voice coming from behind.

"Wonwoo-nim, she's back." He smiled.

"Who..?" Wonwoo managed to ask Jinyi another question but only received a small push on his back.

The crowd split in two when Wonwoo and Jinyi approached. Through the heads of many people, Wonwoo's eyes slowly began to catch the image of two people waiting for him.

"You're back--" At first Wonwoo thought he had seen it wrong. He even rubbed his eyes to confirm what he saw. Wonwoo then couldn't hide his relieved smile. Now he understood why Jinyi was so excited.