十五

🎵 달빛에 그려지는

On that particular day, the Crown Prince wasn't feeling himself

On that particular day, the Crown Prince wasn't feeling himself. He hadn't been able to sleep well for the past few days--the night before, too--that his under eyes were getting darker, skin looking pale.

His room was awfully quiet, as if he could hear the good and bad side of himself debating in his head--saying the King isn't being fair for not allowing him to visit his late mother's grave, but on the other side, completely aware that it was a punishment he deserve, moreover it was nothing compared to the punishment you received.

He had been sitting on his desk, trying to distract his clouded head by writing some plans about the harbor's development once it is completed. However, it wasn't that easy to get rid of the suffocated feeling. Hand stopped writing, he then re-read the last paragraph he wrote, followed by a deep sigh once he realized it was a complete nonsense. Feeling frustrated, he crumpled the paper with a spark of anger, throwing it across the room.

Small glim of light dangled down his wrist as he did that. The jade bracelet he wore immediately caught his attention, instantly enveloping the unpleasant feeling in his heart.

"Alright, let's calm down for a bit.." He whispered to himself.

With a groan from his aching back, he rose from his seat and walked towards the door where the crumpled paper had landed. Just as he was about to pick it up, a loud thud from behind the door caught his attention.

He was silent for a moment, making sure he didn't hear it wrong. Not sure why, but on that day, his curiosity was very great. Subconsciously, his hand reached for the door and opened it slowly. What came first was the bright sunlight that immediately blinded him, it took a few seconds for his eyes to adjust. The wrinkles on his forehead gradually faded away once he could see more clearly.

The beautiful strands of long hair blowing in the wind caught his attention. He followed the direction from the tip of the hair to the person standing right next to his door. For a second, he was enchanted by a woman he had never seen before. At first glance he thought he was hallucinating and saw the figure of his mother. But then, when he paid closer attention, clearly there is a difference. What's certain is that he thought the woman was so beautiful.

"Y/N..?" He called out of nowhere.

When you turned to look at him, Mingyu looked even more surprised.

"It's...really you."

"Your Highness." You called almost inaudibly, along with a shaky sigh of relief, "It's been a while."

Mingyu tried his best to held back the urge to smile a little bit too wide.

"It's been...a long while." He said as his eyes shifted to the white lilies you were carrying.

"His Majesty asked me to bring this to you." You pushed the flower basket closer to him.

Mingyu had to admit, looking at the flowers calmed his wavering heart. His fingers brushed against yours as he took them from you, giving him mixed feelings he couldn't describe in words.