二十

🎵 상랑하는 법을 몰라서

Sailing was never an easy thing

Sailing was never an easy thing. It's not just that people could get seasick easily, or that the waves and weather could change at any time, but the most unsettling thing is that you can't tell which way you came from, where you should go, or even to tell whether you're already on the right track or not.

In the middle of the vast blue sea, a boat sailed calmly. The light shaking was not a problem for the passengers, in fact, it made them sleepy to the point where they couldn't hold back their tired yawns. Knowing that their journey is still quite long, they agreed to take turns taking naps, at least to rest their eyes. After all, they've had a tough day.

The sound of crashing waves sounded muffled to your ears, just like when you're underwater--loud but muffled. As time goes by, gradually the sound gets louder and clearer. It was when the sea water sprinkles your face, you slowly start to wake up.

As you grow conscious, it feels like you're able to see but nothing came to your vision due to your eyelids are still closed. Somehow they feels very heavy. Even when you exert more strength, your closed eyes only twitches. It took another ten minutes when you finally able saw a glint of light. However, as soon as the bright light illuminated your vision, you immediately closed your eyes tightly again.

"You're awake."

"I didn't expect it either." You mumbled to the voice you recognized as Minghao's while holding your pounding head, "That was quite a blow you gave me."

"Sorry about that. Got no other choice." Minghao was quite relieved to see you regain consciousness.

When you finally got up to a sitting position, you saw Soon-young and Lee Chan fast asleep next to you. The space capacity under the boat's tent was limited, not to mention the sacks of supplies that Lee Chan has brought into the boat. However, if it's them, you don't mind sharing your personal space. You pulled the thin blanket that stretched across your body then covered them with it.

"You must have lots of questions." Minghao watched you slowly crawl out of the tent to join him at the open end of the boat.

"Tons." You corrected.

It feels so strange to see your homeland nowhere to be found around you. Not even a day after you left Baekje, you already remember all the sweet memories there--even the small sweets store back in your childhood crossed your mind. All the thoughts starting to make you feel upset, so you try to find comfort by hugging your knees close to your chest.

"You can start asking then."

Your brows furrowed when you stare at Minghao, "Who are you, really?"

Minghao's eyes stared at the sky for a moment, as if remembering his true identity, then his eyes met yours, "I used to be an assassin of the Chinese Emperor's family."