三十三

🎵 숨 끝의 서리 - 작곡

The sound of clashing swords pierced everyone's ears when you, Mingyu and Wonwoo were greeted by a group of people dressed in all black coming out from the room next door

The sound of clashing swords pierced everyone's ears when you, Mingyu and Wonwoo were greeted by a group of people dressed in all black coming out from the room next door. Unnecessary roars followed by loud grunts coming from them when the three of you managed to counter their attacks lasted for a while.

Wonwoo's movement was limited because he was holding Jinyi. Meanwhile, you realize that Mingyu has become much more agile and skilled at using his sword than years ago. He can even move from one side to another quickly, including protecting Wonwoo when he was cornered by three people at once.

You kicked forward then quickly swung your leg back, pushing the robber away before hitting his head with a ceramic vase until it broke into pieces. From behind, you feel another person approaching. Just as you turned the hilt of the sword in your hand backwards--before you could thrust it, an arrow flying at the speed of light piercing the masked person's chest.

"Holy--" You quickly looked into the direction where it came from, "Since when are you good at archery?"

"You're welcome, love." Mingyu rolled his eyes, unable to hide his proud smile after receiving a praise from his woman.

"Where did you get it, though?" You asked as you saw Mingyu threw the bow away.

"Borrow it from one of them." He shrugged while eyeing the lifeless bodies on the floor, "Uh oh, watch out--" He reflectively stretched an arm out when he saw you stumbled on your backward step.

Eventually, you tripped and fell on your butt. It felt like you were stepping on a less solid rock--kind of greasy as well.

"Ow, ow.."

When you opened your eyes, the image of a disembodied head staring at you was terrifying. Did you just step on it--you weren't sure. But seeing that nothing else seemed to be able to trip your steps, your face turned pale. You felt like vomiting. Gradually, your eyes widened and your body froze in place.

"..ey.." You heard a muffled voice call out faintly, it felt like you were underwater when you heard it.

Mingyu hurriedly stepped over each lying body, grabbing the first cloth he saw to cover the head. He ignored the stings he felt when he dropped on his knees, his warm hands reaching for your cheeks gently.

"Look at me." He called again, much clearer this time.

It feels like you are being pulled back to consciousness when you feel his touch on your skin.

"You're okay." He turned your face to his to look away from the scene.

"I-- Yes.. I'm okay. I'm okay.." You repeated faintly, exhaling an exhausted sigh.

When the noise gradually subsided, Jinyi's ear-piercing screams came back to your mind, you immediately looked here and there for her whereabouts.

Seeing her lying unconsciously in Wonwoo's arms broke your heart--a scratch boldly stole the attention on her beautiful face. It was just a few hours ago she was all giggly. A wave of guilt washed over you. If you didn't tell her about Koo Hojang, she probably wouldn't have left the room and be in her current state.