三十五

🎵 최민창 - separate ways

It was supposed to be your fight with Jeonghan--but somehow Mingyu had taken over

It was supposed to be your fight with Jeonghan--but somehow Mingyu had taken over. He was outraged when Jeonghan claimed Baekje as his own. The evil smile that Jeonghan wore on his face earlier had also disappeared.

"Never speak of my land with your filthy mouth again." Eyes locked on Jeonghan, Mingyu narrowly dodged the sword that nicked his skin.

"Your land is no more, Your Majesty." Jeonghan feinted a low strike, then quickly switched to a high attack.

Fighting fairly was definitely never on Jeonghan's mind. When Mingyu dodged his attack by crouching, he purposely kicked up dust from the ground directly into Mingyu's eyes. Mingyu reflexively swung his sword around while trying to regain his vision.

When Jeonghan raised his sword, before he could launch an attack at Mingyu, you immediately lunged your body forward and ran towards him. With your arms around his waist, you held onto his body tightly as you both fell and rolled on the ground.

With you on top of him, Jeonghan didn't hesitate to aim his sword at your waist. You had a little difficulty to block his attack from your left with imperfect balance. Both your and his grips on each other's swords began to shake indicating how much strength was coming from the two of you.

"YOON JEONGHAN." You roared as you managed to deflect his sword with a final push of your strength.

"What a rude woman, imagine if your father sees you like this--" Jeonghan scoffed breathlessly as his free hand aimed for your neck.

The next second you banged your head against his. It didn't stop there--you were filled with so much anger when he dared to talk about your father. You grab the nearest object you can reach--an imperfect rock and hit him over the head with it.

A loud groan came from Jeonghan who didn't hesitate to push you away. His left hand held his forehead where fresh blood was starting to flow, his right hand pointed his sword at you and Mingyu.

"You WHORE--!" Jeonghan's right eye was shut from the dripping blood.

You had to admit, that blow not only hurt Jeonghan, but you too. The spot on your forehead where you hit Jeonghan earlier started to turn purple.

Mingyu, still with narrowed eyes, rushed towards you. He protectively pulled you closer by your elbow, "Are you alright?"

"Never been better." You rubbed your forehead--kind of hoping you hit Jeonghan right on his nose earlier.

"Foolish fool.." Jeonghan licked the corner of his lips before running his fingers through his messy hair, "The things you would do for someone who killed your own mother."

You almost lunged forward again when you heard him mention your mother. But then you realized that he had never met your late mother before, "...What nonsense are you talking about?"