二十八

🎵 gesture of resistance

On the third day after locking yourself up in your room, you finally regain enough energy and motivation to get through the days again

On the third day after locking yourself up in your room, you finally regain enough energy and motivation to get through the days again. You threw a hanbok over your shoulders, not even bothering to put it on properly before opening the door to the backyard.

You welcome the gentle spring breeze with a warm little smile, enjoying the cool sensation around your neck as it gently blows your loose hair. Taking a deep breath, you looked up at the sky. Just like how bland and empty the colors of the sky are that day, so is your life. Suddenly you feel like life has no meaning.

Being a Kisaeng has never been your goal, it was only a tool to achieve the actual goal--to meet Mingyu again. Now that you've found out about his engagement with the Princess, you find no reason to continue. Perhaps returning to Goguryeo and live there forever is better.

"Alright, you can come out now." You leaned your back against the door while crossing your arms.

The next minute Minghao came down from the roof of your residence, landing perfectly on both feet. He carried a cloth tied into a small bag on his shoulder.

"What's with that bag?" You pointed a finger at it.

"I'll tell you once I'm done talking." He made his way inside your room and sat on the floor legs crossed, "Sit." He pointed at the empty space in front of him.

It was very unusual to see him demanding like that. Usually Minghao only had two sides to him--disappear or just go along with whatever you decide.

What you love about being alone with him is the fact that you can be and act like your true self. This means you don't have to sit with a graceful posture or put on a smiling face for hours. You sat comfortably in front of him with your legs crossed as well.

"Is it about that Chief Minister we met a few days ago?" You pulled the hanbok from your shoulder to cover your legs instead.

Minghao nodded, "Yes. Before that, I need you to try remember something as much as you can."

"O...kay? You're kind of scaring me right now." You managed to let out an awkward chuckle.

"Three years ago, when you first saw the stranger coming to the palace and talking to the ministers--was that him?"

You can easily answer that question. However, seeing how serious Minghao's face was, you decided to recall as many memories as possible in your head before answering.

"No. That's not him." You finally confirmed, "If it was him, I would have recognized him immediately when I saw him in Choiseong."

"That's right. The person you saw that day, I saw him too. I remember as clear as the sky he was the one who was talking nonsense about committing treason." Minghao crossed his arms while furrowing his brows.